Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Right about at 45 seconds in I though to myself, "time for a strap/winch!". But they didn't hear me.

Damn they rolled a long way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Holy **** - lot went wrong with that climb from the get go. That was one hell of a spill.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I noticed all the crap coming out of his rig. Many lessons to be learned here from the spotters doing their job to proper storage of gear.

I saw a drill motor laying on the ground. All that stuff flying around can make a nasty bump on the head. Bad enough rolling your rig like that. You do not need to be knocked upside the head with a tool box.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Wow! That got ugly fast. Hope everyone made it out OK.
No judgement from me. Sometimes you need momentum to get up a hill like that. Hit it hard and hope for the best. I'm guessing the few trucks in front of him set the tone for the climb... Try to crawl it once or twice and it didn't work. Backed down and hit it with speed. Got off the line and things went south. Too bad they weren't able to get him winched up immediately to stabilize the vehicle first.

Hate seeing this happen to anyone. It sucks, it hurts and and rehab takes awhile. Heck with the vehicle, you can get another.

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
I noticed all the crap coming out of his rig. Many lessons to be learned here from the spotters doing their job to proper storage of gear.

I saw a drill motor laying on the ground. All that stuff flying around can make a nasty bump on the head. Bad enough rolling your rig like that. You do not need to be knocked upside the head with a tool box.
I love having my mpac pet/cargo barrier. Good piece of mind.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Brutal!

·
Registered
473 Posts
There is a time and place for speed and momentum and this was not it lol. Should have taken that a little slower lol.

I feel bad for the Range Rover :crying

1 - 20 of 40 Posts