Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all my stupidity, with everything I need to do to get ready to head out to Ouray on Monday I. broke a glass on my hand this morning. :cowfrown: No veins or tendons cut, but I now have nine stitches and a splint on my left pinky. :mecry: Also got a tetanus shot and antibitotics.

Good news is that I will still be able to make it to Ouray! Just another unneccessary speed bump in my preparations!

·
Registered
550 Posts
In all my stupidity, with everything I need to do to get ready to head out to Ouray on Monday I. broke a glass on my hand this morning. :cowfrown: No veins or tendons cut, but I now have nine stitches and a splint on my left pinky. :mecry: Also got a tetanus shot and antibitotics.

Good news is that I will still be able to make it to Ouray! Just another unneccessary speed bump in my preparations!
Glad you're OK! Bad news = antibiotics = no brews in Ouray! :mecry:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dang......this going to Ouray things sounds dangerous. :rawr:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you're OK! Bad news = antibiotics = no brews in Ouray! :mecry:
I totally did not think about that! I only have to take the antibiotica for 5 days (those huge Zithromax 1 per day). I should be drinking by Wednesday. I am not a heavy drinker, but I do like to unwind with a beer and cigar after getting off the trails!

I have spent the morning getting gear together and I am really getting excited to head out!

Thanks for the sentiments!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I totally did not think about that! I only have to take the antibiotica for 5 days (those huge Zithromax 1 per day). I should be drinking by Wednesday. I am not a heavy drinker, but I do like to unwind with a beer and cigar after getting off the trails!

I have spent the morning getting gear together and I am really getting excited to head out!

Thanks for the sentiments!:bigthumb:
Awesome news!! It's always nice to wind down in the evening with a brew and lots of friends. In the past, I've opted to get a shot rather than face several days of antibiotics. Not for the brew aspect, but more because I hate having to take meds at specific times, remember to take them, etc. So, I'll put up with a pain in the arse (literally) instead of days and days of meds! :)

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Wrap those stitches around a cold beer, that will make it feel better!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keep some extra bandages and pain killers, hope you got Automatic it will be easy for you to drive.When you see all that FJs you won't feel a thing. Enjoy.
Thanks for the advice. I am not a big pain killer person, so I will likely use tylenol. The automatic and cruise control on I15 and I70 will make time go by quickly. I am definitely on the adrenaline rush of getting to Ouray to meet with other FJ owners!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Man....glad your ok and can make it to the Summit. We're now in Iowa City and I'm just checking all these stories...FJ Broke down, Dog got bit, Cut Hand....that's enough. We'll have no more attempts at not coming. You can't see me or hear me but I'm knocking on wood right NOW!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man....glad your ok and can make it to the Summit. We're now in Iowa City and I'm just checking all these stories...FJ Broke down, Dog got bit, Cut Hand....that's enough. We'll have no more attempts at not coming. You can't see me or hear me but I'm knocking on wood right NOW!!!
Sounds almost like a Country & Western song! I am feeling fine and have been getting my things together. Family has been helping with shopping and stuff, so I am going to be fine to leave on Monday AM. Safe travels and thanks for knocking the wood!

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Wow! There's getting to be a list of mishaps that nearly stop folks from their journeys to the Summit. Be careful!

Actually, If I were going to the Summit this year, I would have had my own troubles - broke my last remaining wisdom tooth last night - had a filling fall out and now the nerve is exposed - last night it felt like I had been mule-kicked in the face - have to have surgery to remove it this coming week...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts