Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am in the process of cleaning my headlights and have noticed their are some specs/dirt on the inside of my headlights. In general for vehicles/motorcycles with similar headlights some recommend swishing around some rubbing alcohol and then air drying it out BUT for the fj they are plastic (not glass) and that would end up damaging/fogging them up I believe. I did notice that it appeared that the lens could be detached after removing two screws but came to the conclusion that they are probable factory sealed and that if they were able to open its not easy and would probably break a piece.

With that said, any ideas on how to clean the inside of the headlights. Taking it apart maybe? or a recommended cleaner? TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, I am in the process of cleaning my headlights and have noticed their are some specs/dirt on the inside of my headlights. In general for vehicles/motorcycles with similar headlights some recommend swishing around some rubbing alcohol and then air drying it out BUT for the fj they are plastic (not glass) and that would end up damaging/fogging them up I believe. I did notice that it appeared that the lens could be detached after removing two screws but came to the conclusion that they are probable factory sealed and that if they were able to open its not easy and would probably break a piece.

With that said, any ideas on how to clean the inside of the headlights. Taking it apart maybe? or a recommended cleaner? TIA
P.S. I did try and remove the lens to no avail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts