8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Im assuming this is what you would like it to look like:
[/IMG]

This is what I will be doing to my black diamond but it will be done professionally
YES THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT DONE!!! but i can't get it that black yet..not enough money yet. i gott get it done professionally too i just need to know if the the parts i want paint need to be the same as the factory paint or should it just be black?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
It's way too easy to pay to have it done. Took me a day to gray mine out.

the gray is unique i like that! trust me its only maybe a 2 day job to do everything yourself with all the threads on how to do it, it'll look just like factory and cost you maybe 20-30 bucks

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought the Tundra door handles from my local dealership and then i bought the bezel/grill and mirrors from Matt at TRDSOURCE. I can't recommend dealing with Matt enough. The guy can get almost any part, and the prices are extremely reasonable. I haven't blacked out the bumpers since I know I'll eventually be going with Demello bumpers.

Something that you didn't mention, is whether or not you're going to black out the interior as well. To do those parts, I'd take them off and go to a reputable auto paint shop and have them do it.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
The roof is the only thing I would have done professionally, all the rest of the parts can be dissasembled, painted and replaced in a matter of hours by an untrained retarded one armed monkey. It will save you hundreds (like GEICO) and you will have a better feel for your truck and pride in your work. As for durability, I'd estimate 10,000 branches and other things have hit my painted parts at high speeds and still no chipping or silver showing through. Wish I could say that about the paint toyota used for the truck.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts