Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Do you have a high tuck/ clearance muffler-back tailpipe that I can connect to the outlet of my Magnaflow 11226 muffler on stock 2007 exhaust?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
47 Posts
That price was for just a muffler. And that price hasn't changed since I started making these for the FJ. The bolt on is more expensive, but the quality is second to none.

If you're looking for just a muffler and don't mind going to an exhaust shop to have it installed just a muffler is a great way to save some money:)

I also have a used TRD system for sale if you want it.
Keith,
Dont get me wrong, I do believe that after all the knowledge I've recently learned from reading this thread that your design is second to none. The only price I had see through the whole thread was the on by 94-D2 and i just jumped to an assumption that it was the whole catback which just led my mind to amazement until I looked up the part on metaltech. Thank you for the offer of the TRD system as well but I still plan on aquiring your catback bolt on design. But not sure on a date just yet because im looking into purchasing an engagement ring upon return of this deployment. Just hope I can still manage to purchase it soon. I thank you for all your research and time for this thread as it has educated me quite a bit. Hopefully soon you will see a PO# for my catback.
-Fernando

·
Premium Member
2,844 Posts
I see the BA Cat-Back system and the High-Tuck muffler back system on the MT site. How much for a high tuck cat back system in stainless? Anything in stock? Turn around time of not...?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Keith,
Dont get me wrong, I do believe that after all the knowledge I've recently learned from reading this thread that your design is second to none. The only price I had see through the whole thread was the on by 94-D2 and i just jumped to an assumption that it was the whole catback which just led my mind to amazement until I looked up the part on metaltech. Thank you for the offer of the TRD system as well but I still plan on aquiring your catback bolt on design. But not sure on a date just yet because im looking into purchasing an engagement ring upon return of this deployment. Just hope I can still manage to purchase it soon. I thank you for all your research and time for this thread as it has educated me quite a bit. Hopefully soon you will see a PO# for my catback.
-Fernando
Hi Fernando, Thx for clarification. I hope I didn't come off as defensive, I actually hear I wish I could get the old price quite a bit. I started out making just a muffler for 1 gen Tundra's. Then when I started making complete bolt ons for 2 gen Tundra's guys were like 'how do you justify the HUGE price increase LOL confusing just a muffler with a complete bolt on system.

that's still a challenge when quoting guys currently as well. There is a price gap between just a muffler for the FJ and a cat back so I try to clarify anytime I can so that I don't confuse anyone.

By far the bolt in system is the most convenient way to install the perfect system on your FJ.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Fernando, Thx for clarification. I hope I didn't come off as defensive, I actually hear I wish I could get the old price quite a bit. I started out making just a muffler for 1 gen Tundra's. Then when I started making complete bolt ons for 2 gen Tundra's guys were like 'how do you justify the HUGE price increase LOL confusing just a muffler with a complete bolt on system.

that's still a challenge when quoting guys currently as well. There is a price gap between just a muffler for the FJ and a cat back so I try to clarify anytime I can so that I don't confuse anyone.

By far the bolt in system is the most convenient way to install the perfect system on your FJ.
No worries Keith I would do the exact same. Id rather hold off on just getting the muffler and just get the catback. Is there any strait headers that you'd recommend with your cat, and would it even be worth it to get the headers?

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
My high tuck tailpipe will connect to your system no problem if if you didn't change the outlet location when installing the muffler.
How do I know for sure that they didn't change the position? Take a pic and send it to you? Thanks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
How do I know for sure that they didn't change the position? Take a pic and send it to you? Thanks!

it's very likely that it's the same. i don't want to tell you that it will without knowing for sure though. Pics are a good place to start. If that doesn't tell us for sure, do you have a buddy with a stock tailpipe that you could borrow to test fit? If a stocker fits, mine will fit.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
it's very likely that it's the same. i don't want to tell you that it will without knowing for sure though. Pics are a good place to start. If that doesn't tell us for sure, do you have a buddy with a stock tailpipe that you could borrow to test fit? If a stocker fits, mine will fit.
How much for the tailpipe? I know mine is oem, with the Magnaflow 11226 added so I'm ready to roll the dice I think... Thanks! Here's some pics

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
great news everyone!! BAmufflers is now a forum sponsor. Can we say GROUP BUY!!! Finally:)

Aluminized system $495
high tuck tailpipe $99

Please send me an email or post to this thread if you have any quesitons:)

[email protected]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
The very first step to installing any exhaust system is to use WD40 or equivalent on every bolt and hanger grommet that you intend to remove. Then unpack your new BAmufflers exhaust system out of the box. Lay out everything on a moving blanket to keep from scratching the finish. Make sure that you find all parts. For a complete cat back system with high tuck tailpipe you will find: The cat back system, the high tuck tailpipe, front bolts with washers, rear bolts with washers that are shorter than the front. You will also find a new rear gasket.

With everything laid out you'll want to use black RTV gasket maker (not included with the system, any auto parts store will have this product) and 'glue' the rear gasket to the rear flange on the exhaust system. This black RTV takes about 30mins to dry (please read instructions for exact times) By affixing the gasket to the rear flange you will save yourself lots of time and frustration as the gasket will now stay in place.

With all bolts and hangers soaking in WD40 and the rear gasket drying in place on the rear of the BA system you should 'pop' the hanger grommets past their ridge, just pop em loose but don't remove em just yet. With the hangers popped loose you may now remove the 4 bolts on your stock system. The front bolts are very easy, the rear bolts not so easy. It is best to access the rear bolts from the rear of the vehicle as Toyota installs them 'up side down' making it difficult to access them from the front of the vehicle. With all bolts removed slip the tailpipe hanger out of it's grommet and remove the tailpipe. Remove the tailpipe hanger grommet from the truck, flip it up side down and install it back on the truck.

Laying under the truck with your head towards the front of the truck and your feet towards the rear remove all hangers of the stock system from the hanger grommets Slowly lower the system using your foot to support the weight of the muffler and use your hands to lower the front of the system. Be careful not to damage your stock front gasket as I don't include a new one with the system, they're reusable. If you do cause damage to the gasket call me and I'll get you a Victor Reinz part number so that you can replace it for $7 instead of paying your local dealer $25+.

With the old system out of the truck, and the new systems rear gasket glued in place, slide the BA system under your FJ. Next slip the 2 rear hangers into the appropriate hanger grommets. Then pivot the front of the system up into place and slip the front hanger grommets onto their hangers. Position the front of the system so that the front flange easily slips over the stock gasket and install the long front bolts.At this point I normally tighten the front bolts until they bottom out in the front welded in nuts.

With the catback installed, position the high tuck tailpipe in place. The hanger goes up and over the frame rail. Then instead of 'hanging' from the rear hanger it 'rests' on it. You need to slip it into the hanger grommet, but with it up side down it's more like resting on it rather than hanging from it. Next install the new bolts that attach the tailpipe to the catback. Align the flanges and tighten the bolts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Would the cat back system offer any extra performance over the TRD cat back setup? I would like to switch to something that provides a little more sounds, but performance is a plus. The posted clips make it sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Would the cat back system offer any extra performance over the TRD cat back setup? I would like to switch to something that provides a little more sounds, but performance is a plus. The posted clips make it sounds pretty good.
my system will tend to bring the torque curve on stronger and sooner. The TRD system is a great system, it gives great sound, great price, and great looks. But....I feel that my system provides better performance. My system uses a straight thru design as opposed to a smaller version of the stock muffler. That said, I carry all brands of exhaust, including TRD here at DirtyDeedsIndustries. My goal through these forums is to make sure that every Toyota owner gets the perfect system form their rig.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I can vouch for what Keith just said above. Last week he hooked me up with one of his exhaust systems and I did notice a bit more git up and go. The sound is nice too, not over the top loud but a nice throaty growl. But what I really was impressed with was the fact that he took the time to explain why his system is so good and he also showed me the quality of his products. I think he mentioned a group buy coming up so I'd suggest jumping on it if you can.

Just my 2 cents. BUt his system is worth every penny. No buyers remorse here.

281 - 300 of 327 Posts