Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Thanks dirtydeeds, but now I have 2 more questions, do you recommend jba over Doug thorley long tubes? I was only looking at the jbas for shorty headers. Also is the long tube setup with y-pipe capable of being street legal in California as I fear I might be moving there for work in the next few years?
Thanks again.
I recommend JBA since they're stainless steel.

any long tube header is not smog legal on any pollution controlled vehicle. whenever you move the cats it's technically not legal. You have to bribe the state of CA with $$ to prove to them that it doesn't change the emissions of the vehicle. Seems crazy that they need $$!! Why can't you just take a CA smog test and pass?? That should be proof enough that it doesn't make more emissions:cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Received the BA Mufflers Catback Exhaust and High Clearance Tip on Thursday. Installed it Yesterday. I love it. Thanks Keith.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I recommend JBA since they're stainless steel.

any long tube header is not smog legal on any pollution controlled vehicle. whenever you move the cats it's technically not legal. You have to bribe the state of CA with $$ to prove to them that it doesn't change the emissions of the vehicle. Seems crazy that they need $$!! Why can't you just take a CA smog test and pass?? That should be proof enough that it doesn't make more emissions:cheers:
At the risk of starting a war, I think the process for approving hand guns in CA is administrated by the same board because the criteria for approved exhaust is the same. Enough money.......:boohoo: I'll change both of these when I get my country.

321 - 327 of 327 Posts