Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive had the tpms light on for years, and just ignored it. but i was diving behind my dash today cutting wires to permanantly disable all the abs / trac / vsc warning lights and thought i'd get rid of that ****ing tpms light at the same time.

instructions -

1. unscrew drivers side glovebox and remove (if you dont know how, stop here, search, and then come back)
2. your left with two harness connectors going into the top of the instrumet cluster. the one on the left (driver) is plug (A) and the one on the right is plug (B). we need plug (A)
3. the tpms wire is A32. it is pink with a black stripe. you'll find it on the row of wires closest to the driver position, far left on plug A.

this wire needs a constant 12v to turn it off and trick the system into thinking everythings peachy. either using a scotch lok or, as i did, strip insulation and soldering, you need to connect the tpms wire A32 with the red/blue stripe wire located on the same plug (position A17, same row as A32 wire, opposite side of the plug) Do not cut either wire, just tie them in together so that the A32 shares A17s IGN+ signal.

if youve done it right, the tpms light goes out and you'll never see it again. if you've done it wrong, thats your problem. grab another beer and proceed to step 1.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Looking now. Don't have a grey with black stripe wire....??? Far left on plug A is pink w/ black stripe. But the only grey wire I have has red stripe...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I meant the red with blue stripe.... My bad. But can I get a double check that it's the pink w/ black stripe... I'm not a fan of cutting and splicing unless I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just did it! Works perfect!
The wires to join up are:

pink/ black stripe
red/ blue stripe

works perfect. Good find!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Or you could just avoid any warranty issues and wire hacking by making a TMPS "P1pe B00mb".

Take your wheel sensors off your wheels, wrap them in bubble wrap, then take a tube of PVC. Throw your sensors inside. Seal both ends with PVC caps (you can use a threaded end cap with teflon tape if you think you want to get them out later with out cutting the tube). Drill a hole and thread in a schrader valve. Take the tube over to a compressor and add air till the TMPS light goes out. Throw the pipe in your jack compartment and you truck will never know the difference. Oh, yeah, it is reversible and does not void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Homeland Security is coming after you dude...... ;)
That's i used the numbers to stay off lists. I am sure that they would never think to search for "P1pe B00mb"!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Homeland Security is coming after you dude...... ;)

Good one.:rofl::rofl:
But I like the idea because it is reversible and not as much work. More time for :cheers:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I used the blue in-line connectors. Did it in under a minute after the compartment was unscrewed. I've been waiting a Long time for this hack to come around! Thanks cruzer!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Or you could just avoid any warranty issues and wire hacking by making a TMPS "P1pe B00mb".

Take your wheel sensors off your wheels, wrap them in bubble wrap, then take a tube of PVC. Throw your sensors inside. Seal both ends with PVC caps (you can use a threaded end cap with teflon tape if you think you want to get them out later with out cutting the tube). Drill a hole and thread in a schrader valve. Take the tube over to a compressor and add air till the TMPS light goes out. Throw the pipe in your jack compartment and you truck will never know the difference. Oh, yeah, it is reversible and does not void the warranty.
fu(k the warranty. :)

The only issue i see with the whole pipe tube thingy is getting pulled over - "let us see in your car sir"... next thing you know your cars being torn aapart by a bomb disposal robot while your trying to tell them its only for your tpms sensors.

I used the blue in-line connectors. Did it in under a minute after the compartment was unscrewed. I've been waiting a Long time for this hack to come around! Thanks cruzer!
No problem bro!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
fu(k the warranty. :)

"let us see in your car sir"... next thing you know your cars being torn aapart by a bomb disposal robot while your trying to tell them its only for your tpms sensors.
No probable cause, no search. And PVC with air isn't illegal. Cutting the wrong wire in the bundle can have bad effects.

But to each his own.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 142 Posts