Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
i just did this mod thought i would revive the thread. i used a tap splice connector took 5 mins.

·
Registered
695 Posts
btw, Firestone can reset your TPMS in 5 minutes for 10-20 bucks...that is if you have TPMS on the rims

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I performed this on my FJ tonight after work. Super easy and much cheaper than purchasing another set of sensors for the new wheels.

Reactions: allrsdup

·
Registered
118 Posts
bumping this thread, Have any of you experienced any negative consequences as a result of this mod, like seat belt chiming non stop etc>>>I read the entire thread and one guy said this happened, just wanna confirm it wasnt a result of this modification.

I am about to buy 5 new wheels and tires and want to do away with the TPMS light. :rocker:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just completed this mod/ hack and there have been no consequences except that annoying flashing tire symbol has been laid to rest (RIP). Thanks OP and all all who contributed detailed pics.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I too would like to thank all the contributors here! Slapped on the new wheels without TPMS' dropped in a Scotch lock (red) and BAM! good to go. That was 3 months ago, no problems thus far.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just found this thread.....awesome. My light came on, but I added more air (I was at ~40 lbs....took it up to 44) on all 5 wheels and the light went out for now.

I have one question: why do people think this would impact the sale of the FJ? Heck, you can sell a vehicle that hardly runs (or doesn't).....blown airbag, whatever... It's "buyer beware" when you purchase a car. I'm willing to change my opinion if someone can come up with a written legal reason.

·
Registered
69 Posts
what gauge wire are we dealing with here? that's critical info for determining the correct size tap.

i cant continue riding around with 45 psi in my tires...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
How about just pushing a sewing pin or needle through the insulation to make the connection. Push em together and clip off the excess. A piece of electrical tape to cover the splice.

If you ever want to restore it normal, remove the pin and you'll be left with a small pierced hole in the two wires. The holes would probably disappear if you roll the wires in your fingers.

I, myself, I want the freaking machine to be able to reprogram my own stuff as I please!

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
How about just pushing a sewing pin or needle through the insulation to make the connection. Push em together and clip off the excess. A piece of electrical tape to cover the splice.

If you ever want to restore it normal, remove the pin and you'll be left with a small pierced hole in the two wires. The holes would probably disappear if you roll the wires in your fingers.

I, myself, I want the freaking machine to be able to reprogram my own stuff as I please!
Back from the dead thread...

I almost couldn't think of a worse way to do this, keep sewing needles in the sewing kit, and get some electrical supplies.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Back from the dead thread...

I almost couldn't think of a worse way to do this, keep sewing needles in the sewing kit, and get some electrical supplies.
How about a syringe then? comes with a nice handle for insertion and then just snap it off! :rofl:

I could have a legit voodoo cav blue! :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Another satisfied customer on this thread.

Thank you so much for this (and the pictures).

I also learned how to scotch lock wires, which was a bonus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did this just now and thought I might post some clearer/higher rez pics of the actual wires. Also, since the glovebox was out, went ahead and installed a 12v plug into the GB. Tapped mine into the constant hot off the radio. Think that's a bit cleaner then tapping into the fuse panel.

Also, just an FYI for anyone having issues removing the GB in the first place: take the two screws out and then put a panel popper (or even a flat head) on the seam behind (forward part under windsheild) the hinge. Then, you can slowly pull up on the door while applying some upward pressure at the same time. It slowly comes out that way w/o potential of breaking anything.

This best showed it. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did this last night using one modified Scotch Lock to link both wires. One of the easiest and most satisfying hacks ever and thank you for posting this fix.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts