Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see from the picture below, I smacked something when out with the Trail Teams at the Badlands last weekend. Is there some matte black plastic epoxy or something that can be applied (maybe sealed with a heat gun) and then sanded down smooth? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Drill two holes just above the tear and install your new TT badge there. Wear it with Pride!

You can also get a new bumper or just a replacement cover. There are always free ones listed here on the forum. I have a front cover sitting in my garage just taking up space.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Keep hitting it on things until it falls off, then get steel one!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Camo duct tape? :lol:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Since you only have a crack, you can get some liquid bumper stuff from 3M, then I found black bumper spray paint that matches exactly. You can definitely make this disappear.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drill two holes just above the tear and install your new TT badge there. Wear it with Pride!

You can also get a new bumper or just a replacement cover. There are always free ones listed here on the forum. I have a front cover sitting in my garage just taking up space.
Keep hitting it on things until it falls off, then get steel one!
I would, but I don't think my wife will come around to the view that you should wear proof of your aggressive off-roading anytime soon

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw on Ebay yesterday a OEM rear bumper for $19.99, and it even has a "buy it now price". Looks like its from some company and not a private seller, which is a plus.

eBay Motors: TOYOTA FJ CRUISER 07 08 REAR BUMPER ORIGINAL OEM USED (item 360068106686 end time Jul-11-08 17:16:39 PDT)

Hope it helps ya,
It's my front bumper I hit. Otherwise $20 is a great price.

Since you only have a crack, you can get some liquid bumper stuff from 3M, then I found black bumper spray paint that matches exactly. You can definitely make this disappear.
Thanks - I'll see if I can make it work.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I tried to sell my OEM bumper. Expect to pay more for shippin than the bumper. It costs a lot to ship because of the size.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
OK, I would sand it a little and then put some epoxy on it that I could sand again. Then, the black out is easy. You just buff the whole bumper with a sanding sponge and at the same time, buff your silver wings. Use painters plastic to make a surgical type of containment around the rest of your rig. I have done it several times and it works.

Finally, get you about 4 cans of Rustoleum flat black for plastic and use a very light coat technique (I learned alot about patience from Layonn!). It will take you a weekend to do the front end. It will turn out awesome and probably cost you about $75 bucks for the plastic sheeting, the sanding sponge, and the paint.

PM me if you want any more thoughts buddy!!! Layonn is a master rattle can guy! We ALL learned from Dragon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts