Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won a hitch on ebay. It is one of the earlier hitches that attatches to the frame, and hangs below the bumper.. Problem is, it was used and no hardware was included. I called the parts guy at the local dealership and he was clueless, said he couldn't find any parts in the computer. Will this attatch with pre-existing hardware found underneath the truck or does anyone know what I need to order from the dealer?

Pic for reference:

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
That looks like an aftermarket hitch and not a Toyota OE hitch. The only OE one I've seen mounts to the rear crossmember.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
That looks like an aftermarket hitch and not a Toyota OE hitch. The only OE one I've seen mounts to the rear crossmember.

DEWFPO
X2, i installed the OEM hitch and it mounts to the rear of the frame and requires the removal of the bumper. This looks like it bolts on under the rear frame without the removal of the bumper and would be much easier to install.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I removed mine so i can maybe help. Mine used 4 bolts on each side and then a nut and captive bolt that went through the frame and was held in place by a little piece of metal that sat in the frame rail. (this was the bolt that was the furthest towards the front of the vehicle)

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
From the photo, it looks like an after market hitch that mounts to the frame from the bottom. The OEM hitch requires you remove the rear bumper and replace the silver part with one that accommodates the hitch.

You will also need to buy the electronics to the hitch which provides a module, a relay, and a 4 pin connector which hooks up the lights on the trailer you pull.

T

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Class III & IV Receiver (87xxx Series) PN 87412
Part Number:
87412Description:Class III & IV Receiver (87xxx Series)Class Rating:CLASS III/IVWC / WD:5000 lbs. / 6000 lbs.
Footnotes:

Ø: Uses all existing holes No Drilling required.

Weight-Carrying Capacity
Weight-Distributing Capacity
Tongue Weight - 500 lbs.
Gross Trailer Weight - 5000 lbs.

Tongue Weight - 600 lbs.
Gross Trailer Weight - 6000 lbs.

Electrical Connector (Sold Seperately) PN 118405
Part Number:
118405Description:Electrical ConnectorClass Rating:Electrical
Footnotes:

CH: T-One is equipped with circuit protected ModuLite™ module.

That looks like the one I have. It's called a Hidden Hitch. If it is then it is bolt on to existing holes no drilling required and no rear bumper removal.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

Here's a bad pic of mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts