1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks, Beach! I didn't realize they had different sizes. I remember you showing me your yellow one at camp on Bill Moore. I might have to get a red or black one and retire my ghetto rope & carabiner setup. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep this on all the time. Wheeling, parking in the ghetto, thunderstorms... Never had any issues. I only take it off on dusty trails. I cut a small piece of tubing to put around the hook to keep it from rattling. I've been VERY happy with this product. The yellow one is the perfect size in my opinion because it keeps people from attempting to get in.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't you risk pulling in a lot of exhausts fumes into the cabin?
With the front windows down, the wind goes through the front, then out the back. Only get fumes when I floor it jumping on the freeway. Not nearly as bad as rolling down the window in the 4runner. But I also have the TRD exhaust that turns out the passenger side, not out the back.

·
Registered
962 Posts
With the front windows down, the wind goes through the front, then out the back. Only get fumes when I floor it jumping on the freeway. Not nearly as bad as rolling down the window in the 4runner. But I also have the TRD exhaust that turns out the passenger side, not out the back.
Sweet! Thanks for the info! I might have to get one now....

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bout damn time. Now the cab doesn't need to reek of lola
On the way home, we stopped by Blue Mesa Reservoir for a little lunch and relaxation before hitting the road again. Captain thought it was a good idea for a swim. Yup, wet stinky dog the whole way home. It was great having the window open so we didn't have to smell him the whole time.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Cool. Seems like a useful tool for anyone, even without a dog....just to get the constant flow of air from the windows if you're so inclined.

Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Just got mine, but no truck to put it in yet. End of this week hopefully! (at least that's what they claim now)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not convinced that the rear window isn't drawing air in... every other vehicle I've driven does that.

I saw a car the other day that illustrated it dramatically. The rear window was blown out, and replaced with a plastic sheet, and taped well around the periphery. As it was moving down the road, it was forcibly being sucked into the car, with the front windows open.

This would be a really good test... drawing exhaust fumes into the truck is a great way to hurt someone.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I'm not convinced that the rear window isn't drawing air in... every other vehicle I've driven does that.

I saw a car the other day that illustrated it dramatically. The rear window was blown out, and replaced with a plastic sheet, and taped well around the periphery. As it was moving down the road, it was forcibly being sucked into the car, with the front windows open.

This would be a really good test... drawing exhaust fumes into the truck is a great way to hurt someone.
Agreed. So is smoking. And drinking. We all make choices, and I choose to eliminate the wind tunnel effects on my ears and keep more windows open for circulation.

I tried opening cabin windows only and the wind & sounds were deafening.

These work great for allowing circulation on hot days as well in parked situations!

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed. So is smoking. And drinking. We all make choices, and I choose to eliminate the wind tunnel effects on my ears and keep more windows open for circulation.

I tried opening cabin windows only and the wind & sounds were deafening.

These work great for allowing circulation on hot days as well in parked situations!

Yes sir, you have hit the nail on the head.
I've driven probably 30,000 miles with my window open like this. I still feel healthy and don't have a cough. Maybe my FJ is special because the TRD exhaust exits out the side. But I rarely notice any exhaust smell. Only when I follow a car too close in front of me do I notice any fumes. But that's coming from them, not me.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
FYI -

One last note - there is a 'disclaimer' on the website which would indicate that you should use this item at your own risk.

Copied & pasted from the actual webiste: The Ventlock is not suitable for use when the vehicle is moving or when the engine is running.....

It looks like it could be a very useful item under certain conditions.

Jerry :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I'll be getting the shortest one to keep the rear window cracked open.

The heat's terrible these days.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I'll be getting the shortest one to keep the rear window cracked open.

The heat's terrible these days.
If I am not mistaken, that will be the yellow.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts