Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there is any way to lift the FJ without upgrading to a new suspension.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
IMO, you only need to "level" the vehicle, which means raising the front only, so you will need 1"-1.5" of lift, which can be done with a strut tower spacer. Of course you can spend more money to raise the rear and the front?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Honestly you should wait if money is the issue. Do it right the first time. I bought a used FJ that had coil spacers front and back. The bilsteins at 36,000 miles were finished and rear springs were as well. I believe that when you lift a vehicle a suspension upgrade is a must even a slight one. CKAS recommended bilsteins and I agree, they are great shocks and adjustable. The cost isn't crazy and if you can install them on your own and purchase them prebuilt.

·
Desert Moderator
6,508 Posts
Bigger tires - going upto 285/70R17 will give you close to 1"
Give it a 1/2" body lift (bandi)
best option is to buy real suspension though, but the above won't be wasted when you put the suspension lift on. Bilstein 5100 or OME are good choices.

Avoid spacer lifts - they'll bugger your struts up and you'll find yourself walking home one day while pre-running.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I ran a Rough Country 3 in. spacer lift for 6 years and it worked great. Cost about $250 ish. I still have it in the garage if I ever need to use it. I offroaded the crap out of it and never had a problem :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts