Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I've had a bajarack (the original FJ basket rack) on my FJ for several years now. Aside from the powder coating flaking off (which is a big problem), I like the rack. It is very strong, unlike the OEM FJ rack which I managed to break in the middle of the Book Cliffs, denting my roof. If the powdercoat could be made to stick to the epoxy surface, that would be great.

I recently purchased a fuel can and a water can mount. I got them on the rack okay, but I have no idea how to attach a padlock to the mounts. Your site suggests the Master 131Q Lock (Model No. 131Q Master Lock), but I can't figure out where on earth to attach this lock. Can you show a picture or something? Or am I supposed to drill holes in the mount to install the lock?

Also, your site suggests that the 5" accessories fit this rack, but the 5" axe/shovel and hi-lift mounts don't seem to fit my rack. Any suggestions?

(Also, I can't figure out how to use the Masterlock 131Q on them either)

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I am on my own trying to figure out how to get the lock on the fuel and water can mounts.

I heard back from customer service; apparently the older FJ racks are 6" racks. I sent the wrong parts back (at my expense) and I'm waiting for them to send me the new ones. Looks like it will take about a month.

Sure wish we could have better communication. If they had asked me which rack I had, we could have avoided all this. Since the FJ rack tapers up-and-down, it's not obvious where I should measure for them anyway, so I took the advice of your salespeople.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts