Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking for simple functional ways to mount a GPS in an FJ?
I have not found a good way given the small vertical wind shield.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Mine is mounted way down low in the middle of my small vertical windshield. ............:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Those cell phone holders works pretty well. I use both the vent mount and the windshield mount. Windshield is tricky as most suctions don't really hold too well on the driver side. The middle lower portion (by the inclinometer) works well, but it's a bit far to reach. Some have mounted it on top of the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine is not always mounted. But when it is, I stick it to the lower left hand corner of the windshield with it almost touching the dash and the pillar. The cord lays across the dash and down the passenger side of the instrument cluster to the plug-in.

·
Registered
449 Posts
mines not technically mounted because i only use it when i go to the big city (denver) and go somwhere i havent gone yet. however, i have one of those cool suction cup holder things... and it sticks pretty well on the lower middle of windshield (both surfaces clean) right next to my gauge cluster thing. its handy... and if i need to mess with it i can pretty much reach it no problems.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
ProClip makes some good reasonably-priced mounts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
ProClip makes some good reasonably-priced mounts
+1

After getting tired of suction-cup mounts falling off on a hot day, I bought a ProClip. This one is made special for the FJC and clips into one of the middle air vents without tools or dis-assembly of the dash:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
RAM mount and wired an always-on 12v source so that I can view it when the truck is not running (like at camp). This location puts it in line with the A-pillar anyway so, I'm not blocking any windshield real estate.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Mine.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I use a boat mount that's screwable.

I have it permanently installed over the conductor dash speaker cover. It's really easy to remove the speaker cover and the holes lineup without having to drill anywhere...

Unfortunately, I don't have any picture of my install...

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Here is my Garmin 60csx hard wired in.

I have it wired so that it will work even without the key switched on.

-

-

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Aren't you afraid to hit it when you get in or out of the car?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts