Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres already a thread for the 'photo challenged' ..but theres so many posts about people not being able to post pictures I decided to make a tutorial showing the easiest way possible to post pictures..without signing up for anything or registering with any website.

1. go to ImageShack® - Hosting

2. make sure that you have selected to upload a file and that you have selected to resize the image for websites and email (or something else if you want to enlarge it) and then hit browse to find your file.

3. After you've got the file you want...click host

4. After a few seconds the next page will come up..and give you a list of links to select from...scroll down to the 2nd section and highlight the hotlink for forums 1 (double click to highlight easier)...right click and select copy.

5. paste the link into your post

all the tags are set..you don't need to do anything put paste it

hope this helps some people:)

·
Registered
572 Posts
How do you do clickable Thumbnails then? I can post pics all day long, but have never done a clickable thumbnail.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Real easy.
I will have to upload a text file, because if I post the code here, it will try to make a pic, or not show at all since no pics are loaded into it.

I see I can attach my text file here, so just click on it and you will see it.
That is how I have all the clickable thumbnails in my huge Mods thread that point to bigger pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Real easy.
I will have to upload a text file, because if I post the code here, it will try to make a pic, or not show at all since no pics are loaded into it.

I see I can attach my text file here, so just click on it and you will see it.
That is how I have all the clickable thumbnails in my huge Mods thread that point to bigger pictures.
Thanks Man. When I saw you had responded to the thread, I knew we would have our answer. I better go and read it now. Lol.

Ok, I read it. Are you saying we need to upload 2 photo's to photobucket. A large pic, and a thumbnail size? And then insert the codes?

·
Banned
3,684 Posts
But how do you attach it. I go into manage attachments and try to upload a URL, but it says that my remote file uploads have been disabled. Is this even the right way of going about it?

I'm kinda stupid when it comes to doing this stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
My text is not for the forum hosting your pics, but for other servers such as off of your own website, Photobucket, ect.

Yes, you need two pics.
When I put up pics in my mods thread here, I have the large pic named for example
1.jpg
and the thumbnail named
1thumb.jpg

I make all the thumbs 160x120, and the full size ones 1200x900.
So yes, you will need two pics for each uploaded to your host.

You can see an example of mine here in one of my folders.
Index of ./fj/panavice/

·
Registered
572 Posts
Again.

Well that works, but it's a pain in the tail to get it all in a coding string like that. When I copy the url link on photobucket it adds all the brackets. Now if I can just copy the http//pic part of it, it would be no biggie.

Any ideas, I need to do different?

·
Banned
3,684 Posts
I figured out how to make the picture clickable, but I still can't put them in the little attached files thing. It still won't let me upload remote files. How do you allow it?

·
Registered
572 Posts
When I first tried it, I had the thumb clickable but the pic didn't show. I had to put the http//pic.jpg in the[url=.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I see what you mean SFC. I don't go to manage attachments. I copy and paste the links direct from your host, which is photobucket for me.

I have FireFox, so I open 1 tab to photobucket, and then this tab is open. I just switch tabs, and copy and past the links in this box. I just had to get cories coding string right. Hell I didn't even know that manage attachments button was down there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
keep getting photos are too big thingy , then i have to put them in photoedit prog to make smaller , then back to forum ???

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
well I thought you could do it on imageshack..because you used to be able to..but apparently you can't anymore and I'm really not sure why...I'll keep workin on that

as far as photobucket being better than imageshack..I use imageshack so I dont have to login..and I figured that some people here only want to post a few pics and dont wanna sign up for a few pictures...to each his own tho.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts