Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HOW TO: Put Thumbnail Pics in Your Posts....

After a couple of hours on this tonight, I wanted to post a brief "how-to" related to inserting thumbnails (small pictures that when clicked open up a larger picture) in your posts. There appears to be two methods, both provided to me by user "Corey" this evening...

1) The easiest way to put thumbnail pictures in your post is to start with a reasonably sized photo saved on your local computer, preferably in jpeg format (.jpg). When you start a post, click on the 'paperclip' (attachment) tool, 'browse' to the local picture file, then click 'upload' (note: this tool is only available in the "advanced" editing mode). That's it - it will automatically attach as a thumbnail that can be clicked to view the larger photo (repeat for multiple photos).

Note 1: the maximum file size for a jpeg (.jpg) image appears to be 97.7KB. You should be able to achieve this with an 800x600 image, but you can drop down to a 640x480 image if you need to - make sure your image is less than 97.7KB before you start (see link below for an easy way to re-size pictures for Windows XP).

Note 2: there is also an option to link to a URL, but I have not been able to make this work - if it works for you great, but it may not and you will have to upload local files only - easier for most anyway.

Note 3: One of the great things about this method is that you do not need to first host your picture on the internet (i.e., photbucket, smugmug) - the photo will automatically be hosted on fjcruiserforums.com!

2) You can do a 'manual' thumbnail using html code. In order to do this, you will need to have already created the large and small (thumbnail) photos. You can save pictures to the photo gallery here and it will create a thumbnail for you. You then use the attached script and insert the path to your photos, wherever they may be hosted (but they have to be hosted somewhere on the internet, not just on your local machine). The reason the html script is attached in a text file is becuase it does not seem to want to paste properly as the system wants to interpret the code instead of just showing it as text. This method may be useful if you have a really large photo that you want to link to, otherwise the first method is far easier.

Here is another thread where we came up with a very easy way to resize your images for use with these thumbnail methods:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/forum-help-faqs/18320-how-re-size-your-digital-photos.html

Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How to put thumbnail pictures in your post...

Good to hear Sun Fusion - it was your cross-post to let me know you and a couple of others were trying to get this done on another thread that lead to my quest to get it resolved. Glad to hear that my summary helped you in the end - that's exactly why I re-posted just the summary - hoping to making it easier for the next guy looking for this.

By the way, I never posted to your thread on those graphics, but I think your rig looks great with the added vinyl!

·
Banned
3,684 Posts
Re: How to put thumbnail pictures in your post...

Good to hear Sun Fusion - it was your cross-post to let me know you and a couple of others were trying to get this done on another thread that lead to my quest to get it resolved. Glad to hear that my summary helped you in the end - that's exactly why I re-posted just the summary - hoping to making it easier for the next guy looking for this.

By the way, I never posted to your thread on those graphics, but I think your rig looks great with the added vinyl!
Thank you for going on your quest for us and thanks for the compliment on my rig. I am getting a lift next week, so it should look even better. :)

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I know how to attach a photo but I can't figure out how to add a larger photo to a post rather than an attachment. When I click the insert image button it asks me for a url.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Test... I Suc At This !!!

Attachments