Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Been there too and it's aint fun. The hop is always what gets you, isn't it! Ron
I'm going go out on a limb and guess loose lug nuts. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
325 Posts
At the very end you can see the drum style brake pads, so the whole drum came off. It looks to me like a center hub or axle breakage.... possibly just twisted the center right out of the drum? Not a cheap fix I bet!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I can see the brakes hanging, but I can't tell if the hub is still there or just a nub. Can'ts tell when the wheel rolls away either.. Ron

At the very end you can see the drum style brake pads, so the whole drum came off. It looks to me like a center hub or axle breakage.... possibly just twisted the center right out of the drum? Not a cheap fix I bet!

·
Registered
365 Posts
My brother did similar with his blazer about 2 days before christmas... but his was trying to do a burnout with 35's at a streetlight... His snapped the axle at the differential and we were able to limp to the gas station in 4wd. We "pushed" the axle back into the housing so that they could pull it up onto the flaltbed... Needless to say, it's now beefed up with some Moser axles and a detroit locker. The shop that did the work was more of a "muscle car" performance shop, hence those axles. But from the 30 yr mechanic that did the work. "you could drop a big block in there and burnout bigger tires and the axles won't snap... the driveshaft probably would go first..."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts