Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 toyota fj cruiser sometimes the cruise, abs, and vsc lights flash with NO CEL and the air conditioner does work correct. The obd code reader shows no codes, then when I hit "clear codes", the lights go off and the air condtioner starts working correctly. Then in a day or so, it repeats. Any ideas, suggestions or jokes? I'll take anything at this point. I don't mind fixing something, if I only knew what to fix.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
two quick things to check: AC relay (known failure point on this vehicle, check previous threads), or Brake Lights switch (ditto, and the Brake light switch failure is intermittent, and doesn't throw codes).

Both parts are cheap and easy to swap (search past threads for details on both).

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
I believe I got those light with a low battery, not dead, low. Started OK. Did it twice but once it ran for a while, key off, restarted and the lights cleared. FJ had been sitting for two weeks with the ODBII dongle connected.

I don't recall an A/C issue.

One other thing, don't feed it after midnight and don't get it wet. >:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to change the A/C Relay and the brake light switch to see if that takes care of my gremlin! Thanks for the info! Also, no water and no food after midnight, good looking out! 😳

1 - 4 of 4 Posts