Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling out the reverse light to replace the bulb, and it popped out into the lens as I yanked it. I have removed the two nuts on the inside of the lens, but can't see anything else to pull. Any ideas???
Thanks!
Ct..:mecry:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either one. I need to get the bulb out of the lens assembly. it stuck when I pulled the socket out.
Thanks!
Ct..

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
I have lost the bulb in the housing about 20 times before. just use a magnetic pick up tool to get it out. But to answer your question, there are 3 bolts; the 2 you have removed and another one that is more inside the truck. You have to almost remove the plastic inside the truck to get to a random bolt which is located almost near the gas door. it is a PITA, but it only takes a little bit of time and patience

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Thanks Mud, I was going to tell him that, But if he is going to try to remove the red lens I am not sure if you can. If you can I want to know how myself.

Otherwise like you said using a depp well 10mm socket and there is 3 bolts.

pita is correct also:lol:

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
There are only two bolts holding the assembly in place. The third one furthest toward the front of the truck is just a stud with a ball on the end of it. The ball pops into a socket and is just held in place with tension. The only bolts are the two at the rear. At least that is how it is on my FJ.

Once you have removed the two nuts at the rear of the assembly, just pull out and back to pop the assembly out. It takes a good deal of force to pop it out... you will feel like you are gonna break it. I've done it three times now with no problems. Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts