Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fj lights wont turn on unless i manually start the ignition. my 2 other suvs a lx570 and g wagon both turn the cabin lights when i enter the vechile. is this normal for a fj or is their a setting to change it. thx

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Select the interior light switch (on ceiling) to "door".

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
(I stopped in here a couple of minutes ago repeating the words "no flame zone, no flame zone..." and just kept my mouth shut.)
Ah, I see, there may be a malfunction. I'd check the fuses. Is she new? can the dealer take a peek at it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya she is brand new, just 3 days old. everything seems 2 work normally i dont think its a fuse because the top interior light works if i turn it on manualy however other then that it wont.

·
Admin
8,447 Posts
My vote would be for the door switch..... check the rubber shrouded door switch that detects whether the door is open or not.

Mine was giving me issues when I first purchased my second-hand FJ. It has since been flawless. When it was giving me issues I could wiggle the switch (in the door) a bit and it would come on.

:cheers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i found the problem. the interior lights were not on door option. know the luggage department light and the middle center light turn on when i open the door.
thanks guys for the support!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new ride :).

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Hehehe. Glad everything is as it should be. Welcome to the forum, brother.:wave:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Select the interior light switch (on ceiling) to "door".
i know that bro, however it wont automatically turn on when you open a door?
i found the problem. the interior lights were not on door option. know the luggage department light and the middle center light turn on when i open the door.
thanks guys for the support!
Isn't that what Fjamming said in his reply to your question?

Anyway, welcome to FJ ownership. It's a blast!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Isn't that what Fjamming said in his reply to your question?

Anyway, welcome to FJ ownership. It's a blast!
:) I think he might have tried that but thought it was the wrong switch because the light stayed on for a while if the door wasn't closed. It takes about 30 seconds for it to go off but looks like he eventually figured it out. :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:thinkerg::thinkerg::thinkerg: Welcome

1 - 17 of 17 Posts