Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not the brightest crayon in the tool box, so bear with me.. I'm looking to wire BajaDesign lights on my '10 FJ.

Parts List:
(1) Fog Light Switch PN: PT297-35070-SW
(1) Switch Harnes PN: PT297-35070-SH
(1) Lamp Harness PN: PT297-35070-LH << will need to buy
(1) AUX relay PN: PT297-89016 << will need to buy
(1) 15 amp fuse
(1) Baja Design Squadron with harness

Can someone double check if this wiring is correct? I am amiss with the parts in bold.

(Under the hood)

foglights <---> BajaDesign wiring <---> cut into Lamp Harness <---> ??? connects to existing OEM connector to relay ???

(Inside the cabin)

OEM fog light switch <---> switch harness <---> ??? connects to existing OEM connector under dash (lower left) ???

(Fuse box)

- add Aux relay
- add 15 amp fuse

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
That should work. Just be aware that the factory wiring will turn on the new lights when the high beams are on unless you do some additional wiring to bypass that "feature". Also I think you may have to tap into the illumination circuit on any of the other switches to have the switch light up when the parking lights are on.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should work. Just be aware that the factory wiring will turn on the new lights when the high beams are on unless you do some additional wiring to bypass that "feature". Also I think you may have to tap into the illumination circuit on any of the other switches to have the switch light up when the parking lights are on.
So the connector for the OEM lamp harness is somewhere in the engine bay? Is it near the fuse box?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Looks ok for oem light addition. I used exact wiring and parts last month for my oem fogs

Didnt have to take center co sole off either. I added fog button, plugged the blue prewired plug to the back of switch

I did the switch bypass, so my switch is completely independent of all other lights. The how to I used from this forum

Good luck with the rigid

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I'm not the brightest crayon in the tool box, so bear with me.. I'm looking to wire BajaDesign lights on my '10 FJ.

Parts List:

(1) Fog Light Switch PN: PT297-35070-SW

(1) Switch Harnes PN: PT297-35070-SH

(1) Lamp Harness PN: PT297-35070-LH << will need to buy

(1) AUX relay PN: PT297-89016 << will need to buy

(1) 15 amp fuse

(1) Baja Design Squadron with harness

Can someone double check if this wiring is correct? I am amiss with the parts in bold.

(Under the hood)

foglights <---> BajaDesign wiring <---> cut into Lamp Harness <---> ??? connects to existing OEM connector to relay ???

(Inside the cabin)

OEM fog light switch <---> switch harness <---> ??? connects to existing OEM connector under dash (lower left) ???

(Fuse box)

- add Aux relay

- add 15 amp fuse

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!!!

Ifound one item missing.
PT297-35070-AS Auxiliary

Not sure what it is. Toyota parts department said it was part of the “kit”. We’ll see in a couple of days.

In the mean time, any updates on your install? Could use closure as i work the same project.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ifound one item missing.
PT297-35070-AS Auxiliary

Not sure what it is. Toyota parts department said it was part of the “kit”. We’ll see in a couple of days.

In the mean time, any updates on your install? Could use closure as i work the same project.
Part PT297-35070 is the switch. I have it listed as the first item above.

• The install went without a hitch. Plug & play.
  • The OEM connectors in the cabin and the engine bay are there, tucked away.
  • One caveat is that the fogs won't independently go on, they turn on only when the high beams are on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts