Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this good article that points out how Toyota is able to make vehicles more profitable than their competition. Several things I didn't think of like GM has 400,000 retirees to pay for vs Toyota's 1,000. They mention the FJ at the end so it must be valid :)

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/business/13252518.htm

While GM is shrinking in its largest market, the United States, Toyota is forecasting its 12th consecutive year of record sales here and its fourth straight year of record profit.
In October, when total U.S. auto sales fell 14.4 percent - the worst decline in nearly a decade - Toyota's sales rose 1.3 percent. It was the only large automaker to score a gain in the United States and, as of the month's end, has a 13.2 percent market share this year. GM ended October with a 26.4 percent share, its lowest in decades.
Wall Street long ago sensed this tectonic shift: Toyota now has a stock market value of $179.4 billion, almost 14 times that of GM.
To keep the momentum going, Toyota is planning a stream of new vehicles for the U.S. market next year, including a new subcompact, the Yaris, from Japan, and a new mid-size SUV, the FJ Cruiser. Also on tap: a redesigned Camry family sedan, a hybrid version of the Camry, a redesigned RAV4 small SUV, and several new Lexus models, including a hybrid version of the GS sedan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Keep it up Toyota! We're all supporting you. :D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
mappelman said:
I found this good article that points out how Toyota is able to make vehicles more profitable than their competition. Several things I didn't think of like GM has 400,000 retirees to pay for vs Toyota's 1,000. They mention the FJ at the end so it must be valid :)

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/business/13252518.htm

While GM is shrinking in its largest market, the United States, Toyota is forecasting its 12th consecutive year of record sales here and its fourth straight year of record profit.
In October, when total U.S. auto sales fell 14.4 percent - the worst decline in nearly a decade - Toyota's sales rose 1.3 percent. It was the only large automaker to score a gain in the United States and, as of the month's end, has a 13.2 percent market share this year. GM ended October with a 26.4 percent share, its lowest in decades.
Wall Street long ago sensed this tectonic shift: Toyota now has a stock market value of $179.4 billion, almost 14 times that of GM.
To keep the momentum going, Toyota is planning a stream of new vehicles for the U.S. market next year, including a new subcompact, the Yaris, from Japan, and a new mid-size SUV, the FJ Cruiser. Also on tap: a redesigned Camry family sedan, a hybrid version of the Camry, a redesigned RAV4 small SUV, and several new Lexus models, including a hybrid version of the GS sedan.
A good responce:

http://thecummudgeon.blogspot.com/2005/11/general-motor-mutterings-argument-1i.html

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Agreed, that was a hell of response. Kinda poorly written, but you get the gist of what he was trying to say.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Percy said:
Agreed, that was a hell of response. Kinda poorly written, but you get the gist of what he was trying to say.
agree

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: How Toyota can make Missiles, better

Boeing’s Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAM) program has been widely recognized for its dramatic success with lean manufacturing processes based on Toyota Production System (TPS) methods

1 - 7 of 7 Posts