Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HPS High Temp Reinforced Black Silicone Radiator Hose Kit is designed to replace the stock OEM rubber coolant hoses which can eventually weaken over time, leading to premature failure. With premium quality silicone and race inspired design, this HPS silicon radiator hose kit can withstand the harsh high temperature and high pressure operating conditions of the engine yet still maintaining peak efficiency during offroad adventures or daily driving.

Key Features:
Stay Cool - Old cracked or split radiator hoses are not efficiently cooling your engine which can cause it to overheat leaving you stranded. So maintain your FJ Cruiser cooling system by replacing your old brittle hoses now before it's too late. Perfect for racing or daily driving application.

Direct Fit - HPS silicone radiator hose kit has all the correct bends and curves for a perfect fit replacement on your FJ Cruiser, it is not a cheap one size fits all universal hose you get at the local parts store that you have to fight with to install.

Premium Quality - HPS Silicon coolant hose kit is made from multi-ply premium grade silicone and reinforced with high-quality polyester for which reduces the risk of component failure and enables higher temperature and pressure to be maintained with complete confidence.

Technical Specifications
Temperature Range:- 65 deg. F to + 350 deg. F (177 deg. C)
Color: Black
Material: 3-Ply Reinforced High Temp Silicone
100% Stainless Steel Clamps are included for easy installation

Fits 07+ Toyota FJ Cruiser

$127 delivered to you! (Lower 48 States)

Black - 57-1206-BLK
Blue - 57-1206-BLUE
Red - 57-1206-RED

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Quick question... How many small coolant lines are there on the 1GR-FE (does anyone have a diagram?), and will there be other smaller hoses or a full kit offered?

The Samco kit I bought 10yrs ago for my VW was +$300, but there were eight hoses to cover every line on the motor.

EDIT: Pictured here for reference - https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/files/resized/large/T/img/tcs109_c.jpg

That was a great kit.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This kit also fits the 10+ FJC?
Per HPS, yes. :)

Quick question... How many small coolant lines are there on the 1GR-FE (does anyone have a diagram?), and will there be other smaller hoses or a full kit offered?

The Samco kit I bought 10yrs ago for my VW was +$300, but there were eight hoses to cover every line on the motor.

I believe there are 3 HVAC hoses. While HPS does offer several HVAC hoses for other Toyota models, at this time these are the only FJ Cruiser Specific hoses they offer.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
...I believe there are 3 HVAC hoses. While HPS does offer several HVAC hoses for other Toyota models, at this time these are the only FJ Cruiser Specific hoses they offer.
Thank you for that heads-up. Please keep us advised if additional hoses are offered down the line! :bigthumb:

Also, I deleted my picture from above to prevent potential confusion... :cheers:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for that heads-up. Please keep us advised if additional hoses are offered down the line! :bigthumb:

Also, I deleted my picture from above to prevent potential confusion... :cheers:
Not a problem, it was a good guide to show the rest of us what you were referring too if they havent seen it before. We just dont quote images to keep the thread clean and flowing.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the orders, we have all colors in stock.

If it gets hot where you live and you are planning to wheel this summer its a great idea to upgrade your cooling system with new hoses, new fluid, and if your radiator is leaking or cracked an aluminum high-performance upgrade will keep your FJ running cool and efficient all summer.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was watching Goss' Garage on the TV show Motorweek and he hyped the praises of silicone radiator hoses. They sound like a good investment, especially since I'm going to be replacing my coolant anyway and the colors are a nice look. My only concern is the warning on your website, that oil will attack these hoses. My engine currently has no oil leaks, but how sensitive are your hoses if some oil does get on them either accidentally or from some leak?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I was watching Goss' Garage on the TV show Motorweek and he hyped the praises of silicone radiator hoses. They sound like a good investment, especially since I'm going to be replacing my coolant anyway and the colors are a nice look. My only concern is the warning on your website, that oil will attack these hoses. My engine currently has no oil leaks, but how sensitive are your hoses if some oil does get on them either accidentally or from some leak?

Silicone is not meant to transfer oil, gas, or any other petroleum based fluids. The effects of these compounds are very detrimental and will lead to hose failures. The polyester lining will begin absorbing extra fuel and oils which will ultimately swell and cause the hose to expand and weaken.

There are instances under normal operating conditions where oil will come into contact with silicone, by means of “splash” conditions. In these cases, silicone will be able resist oil splash, with very little to no effect. To clean grease or oil products off silicone you can use WD-40 or Iso alcohol.

Having said all that, not something to worry about unless you are trying to replace fuel/oil lines with silicone which wouldn't be very smart. We use these hoses in offroad racing and on our high-hp drift car with no issues. They dont have catastrophic failures unless over-pressurized, petroleum degradation occurs over time and will be noticeable.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Bought one of these sets off of eBay and well worth the money
I have had mine for about 10k miles or more and no issues

Bonus is the look. I got the blue hose kit and did the coolant change at the same time

Reactions: LVTAP

·
Registered
349 Posts
Silicone is not meant to transfer oil, gas, or any other petroleum based fluids. The effects of these compounds are very detrimental and will lead to hose failures. The polyester lining will begin absorbing extra fuel and oils which will ultimately swell and cause the hose to expand and weaken.

There are instances under normal operating conditions where oil will come into contact with silicone, by means of “splash” conditions. In these cases, silicone will be able resist oil splash, with very little to no effect. To clean grease or oil products off silicone you can use WD-40 or Iso alcohol.

Having said all that, not something to worry about unless you are trying to replace fuel/oil lines with silicone which wouldn't be very smart. We use these hoses in offroad racing and on our high-hp drift car with no issues. They dont have catastrophic failures unless over-pressurized, petroleum degradation occurs over time and will be noticeable.
Nothing like that. I know silicone and fuel don't mix. I was just worried if I had an engine oil leak occur, or had some other external oil spill happen externally on the radiator hoses. How quickly would any oil have to be cleaned off before it reacted with the silicone?

Now another question. I've noticed that Toyota is using those constant tension spring hose clamps. Will those work fine with your silicone hoses? I hate to use any type of worm drive hose clamps on plastic radiator fittings since they can stress and distort, or even break, the plastic fittings.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I used awab's on mine and no issues
I wouldn't use a standard clamp of it cutting into the hose

We use nothing but awab's on any of our boat builds

Reactions: LVTAP

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nothing like that. I know silicone and fuel don't mix. I was just worried if I had an engine oil leak occur, or had some other external oil spill happen externally on the radiator hoses. How quickly would any oil have to be cleaned off before it reacted with the silicone?

Now another question. I've noticed that Toyota is using those constant tension spring hose clamps. Will those work fine with your silicone hoses? I hate to use any type of worm drive hose clamps on plastic radiator fittings since they can stress and distort, or even break, the plastic fittings.
Those will work, the recommended hose clamp is the t-bolt style below. Avoid the worm gear type.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts