Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve already talked to a local tuning shop familiar with HP Tuner about using it after I install the blower, and he saw no issue doing so. He has another client planning to supercharging his Tacoma and use HP Tuner, so I figured I’d let them be the guinea pig and see how that goes.

·
Desert Moderator
5,648 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I’ve already talked to a local tuning shop familiar with HP Tuner about using it after I install the blower, and he saw no issue doing so. He has another client planning to supercharging his Tacoma and use HP Tuner, so I figured I’d let them be the guinea pig and see how that goes.
Oh! That's great news! What year is your FJ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It’s an ’07.

Ive been following the Raptor Tune thread, and inquired if it would work with the TRD/Magnesun supercharger- no, because that supercharger isn't available in OZ. And now, it looks like the Raptor tune faucet might be turned off- they are cancelling export to North America.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, judging by the part numbers Tacoma and FJ ECUs are different.

I guess you gotta try and be that guinea pig. :)

And we should put some pressure on hptuners too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’m not suprised they have different part numbers, but the tuning parameters have to be close to identical- same engine, sensors, etc.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Totally agree, there probably isn't enough interest from them to pull the trigger at the moment.
I’m not suprised they have different part numbers, but the tuning parameters have to be close to identical- same engine, sensors, etc.
Tuning it isn't the issue, like you said identical to the Taco. If they don't release their piggyback to unlock our ECM it's never going to happen. Raptor's issue is that there probably 50 different revisions of our ECM which requires a different encryption to unlock. They can't just blanket release one that works for all, the guys at Alientech probably have to crack the code every time someone with a different ECM pops up. I imagine that's one guy sitting behind a computer who got overwhelmed.

It’s an ’07.

Ive been following the Raptor Tune thread, and inquired if it would work with the TRD/Magnesun supercharger- no, because that supercharger isn't available in OZ. And now, it looks like the Raptor tune faucet might be turned off- they are cancelling export to North America.
If you want a shifting upgrade I think the IPT valve body is a better choice. URD already has tuning the SC sorted, maybe you should just get a UCON?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Are you stating that your tuning shop doesn't need to go through through HPtuners to access the MPV12 unit? If that's the case sign me up. However, I've gone down this rabbit hole or rather, guinea pig hole and know for a fact, at least for my 2008 FJ, that HPtuners MPV12 is not setup for ECM part # 89661-35C81 or Calibration OS: 33555100.

Don't ask me how I know:censored:!!
Now, does anyone want to buy a MPV12 with 4 credits for a Tacoma?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
BITedit claims that they do have some maps available:
Editing calibrations Denso ECUs (89661-xxxxx and MCU NEC 76F0038, 76F0039, 76F0040, 76F0070, 76F0085 inside) of petrol Toyota | Lexus vehicles with petrol normal aspirated 4.0L, 4.3L, 4.6L and 4.7L engines.
The folowing maps are available for editing: spark advance maps for high and low octane fuel, minimal spark advance, spark advance corrections, VVT camshaft position maps, injection enrichment control, injection corrections, throttle valve control, requested torque, and all main sensors conversion curves. DTC mask supported.
This is not much, though.

And you'll have to buy a flasher that would read, write and fix the checksums.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts