Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hope, I haven't confused anyone, but the only tune I know that works for an A/T, N/A 2008 FJ is Calibration OS or ID: 33555000 or 33555100. 33555100 is theToyota update to 33555000
This is what HPTuners updated and I verified this as I can now get into my ECU data. The other tune 3WYK0400 is for 2007-2009 A/T FJ's with a TRD S/C, as shown in the TRD SUPERCHARGER INSTALL INSTUCTIONS page 44.
I don't know if the TRD S/C tune works, DocME on this thead, post #6 states that it was updated. I haven't heard anything back from HPT but I'm pretty confident that it's happened, considering they also emailed me about my update and it was valid. I will definitively find out on Wednesday. As far as who to contact, I would start emailing HPT and kindly request the update for your model.

Hope this clears up my prior dyslexic posts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Car Scanner Pro app for iOS shows the calibration id, and I think TechStream as well.

This is what HPTuners updated and I verified this as I can now get into my ECU data
Could you please post the HPT stock file or maybe screenshots with available maps?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got the FJ flashed today. Unfortunately my FJ flash failed! Actually it didn't fail, it just didn't go the way I wanted it to. Apparently I have an ECU that the Techstream recognized as an earlier model and automatically flashed to 3WYK0200 not 3WYK0400. The later OS 0400 is what HPT updated, not OS 0200. My build date for my FJ is JULY 2008. Doc stated this in the beggining of this thread, post #6, but I assumed with a build date of July I should be good to go. FAIL! Oh well, I put in another support ticket through HPT and kindly asked for an update for 3WYK0200.
Maybe with a little more research I can figure out which ECU, for my 2008 model, will accept the 0400 OS and then buy a used one to convert it.

I'm having terrible luck or maybe I'm stoooopid. I've spent a bunch of money and my time but I'm going to see this through. Hopefully HPT will update the OS soon. I'll post more when I get more.
Aloha, J.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Some good news.
Chad from HPtuners got back with me and said if I can send him my PCM with the OS 3YWK0200 they should be able to extract the information and do the upgrade. He didn't give me a time frame but I'm just glad their helping me/us, considering it's not even supported yet. HPTuners rock (y)!

I need some additional info please. Anyone with a 2009 AT, could you take a pic of your ECU label and verify part # "89661-35E20" is correct. I read on TW that it's fairly simple to get your phone up there and take a pic. I'm sorry, I can't verfiy this is doable, as my ECU is out, boxed up and ready to ship. Also, any 2009's with a TRD S/C that had a re flash, could you take a look at your receipt/documentation and verify the flash OS. I'm tying to find out if 2009 models with S/C, were actually flashed to OS 0400.

Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Update: I sent my ECM in to HPT a few days before Xmas, I got a response back today stating they are having some issues with reading the files, but are going to try a few more things to get the info.
Aloha, J.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Last week HPT managed to get the info from my ECM and shipped it back to me. Now it's a waiting game for them to dig into the info and apply it to their tuning software.

While waiting for my ECM, I decided to buy another ECM as I didn't know how long I would be without it and it's a good idea to have a spare, just in case I brick my original. I also thought, maybe I could get this newer unit flashed to the OS: 0400 TRD tune. So I bought a used 2009 ECM part number:89661-35E20 with OS:33569000. I matched the key to ECU then took it to another Toyota dealer to get the VIN programmed and have them flash it to the TRD tune OS:3YWK0400. I spoke directly to the technician and even showed him the PDF S/C install, page 44 on the OS I needed. I was very specific with my instructions on which OS I wanted flashed. . I told him several weeks ago I went to another Toyota dealer and had my original ECM flashed to the wrong OS. I explained that the last dealer said he set up the Techstream to download and install OS: 0400 but found out after the flash that it downloaded and installed OS: 0200.
"I don't want that. If you can't flash it to the 0400 leave it as is, don't flash it."
Well......... he came back with the same story as my previous flash. He told me he set it up to download OS: 0400 but when it was over it read OS: 0200. I can't win :(
He doesn't know why this happened. He was adamant that he chose OS: 0400. He said what's weird and confusing is that there isn't any reference to OS: 0200 in anything he has in the shop or in any of the tech manuals/files. He said he's going to get in touch with the regional Toyota service rep(?) but said it might take a few days for them to figure this out. That was last Friday, the 17th.

Ending this on a positive note, they didn't charge me for this and sent me on my way with a blueberry scone and a hot cup of coffee. (y)
Aloha, J.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Hopefully the regional service tech rep can get to the bottom of it (they can be very good at troubleshooting issues if they can get ahold of the right people at headquarters).

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got my MPVI2 a few days ago. I'll try and read my 2008 FJ tonight.

I did find a stock file for a Tundra, just to take a look at what's available, and the list looks fine, at least we should be able to work with basic maps. I do hope that HPT will add rear o2 sensor management eventually.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just got off the phone with my local Toyo dealer about the elusive Unicorn, TRD tune OS:3YWK0400 . The Regional Field Service Rep did call them back yesterday and stated the techs/engineers are working on it. Okay...... Funny thing is, I found an old post TRD ECU Flash going back to 2011 where this same screwup happened. Unfortunately the OP's last sign on was 2016 and never did post on the final outcome. How the hell does Toyota not know about this problem?? Bunch of Crapola!🤬 At this point, I would assume Toyota doesn't have a clue. I guess I'll give it a few more weeks, then request a new ECU as wickedpsi did.

I really hope HPT can come through with a tune for OS: 0200.

Aloha, J.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts