Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting people know they finally have Husky liners for the 2011 engineered for the new hook system on its website.

Not affiliated with them in any way, just been waiting forever for Husky to get a 2011 version out, and they finally emailed me today letting me know you can order.

·
Registered
101 Posts
They've been out about a week now (they weren't listed on the website, though). I ordered them by phone last week, got them on Saturday, and they are a GREAT fit, and an excellent value.

The front ones fit very well with the new point of attachment. The rear one doest not have a snap, but it doesn't move at all. The cargo liner is exactly what I'm used to from Husky, too (I had one in my previous truck).

Overall, a great quality, great fit, great looks, and looks as though it would perform its function very well.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that the material hasn't yet relaxed around the center console area, leaving a 1/2" or so gap between the liner's lip and the flooring material as it comes up the console. I'm sure this is going to go down in time, with some temperature changes, but in the meantime, a cup of coffee spilled from the console may mean having to check under the liner too. Not a huge deal at all.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just installed my in my 2011 NSSE and its true the fit is incredible...though I have the same gap you have.

Since you had these before, how did they hold up? I was suprised at how stiff and thin and lightweight the material was.

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I spoke to them by phone and Candy, the sales rep says the web site has not been updated yet. But indeed these floor liners are in my 2011 FJ....

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just installed my in my 2011 NSSE and its true the fit is incredible...though I have the same gap you have.

Since you had these before, how did they hold up? I was suprised at how stiff and thin and lightweight the material was.
They are hands down the best floor liner you can get. You should be able to get at least 10 years out of them, if not more. The only foreseeable issue is the point of attachment failing on either the mat or the vehicle.

This isn't to take away from Weathertech and Rugged Ridge. They just happen to be more like "mats" instead of "liners." They're very different.

·
Registered
599 Posts
They are hands down the best floor liner you can get. You should be able to get at least 10 years out of them, if not more. The only foreseeable issue is the point of attachment failing on either the mat or the vehicle.

This isn't to take away from Weathertech and Rugged Ridge. They just happen to be more like "mats" instead of "liners." They're very different.
Thats *really* good to hear, 'cause these things are very cool and very functional. Kinda amazes me that they aren't offered by Toyota...

·
Premium Member
189 Posts

I've had the Husky liners in a couple of vehicles ( not in my FJ as of yet ), the gap may improve some but not as much as you think.

The liners may seem thin to you but you'll be very pleased how well they hold up, also, how about some pics of them installed in your NSSE.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had the Husky liners in a couple of vehicles ( not in my FJ as of yet ), the gap may improve some but not as much as you think.

The liners may seem thin to you but you'll be very pleased how well they hold up, also, how about some pics of them installed in your NSSE.
The gap isn't a deal breaker at all. Some people think these liners are installed forever, but it is best to take them out and clean the floor under on a regular basis, too.

I'll try to get some photos up whenever it stops raining!

About Toyota offering them as an option, I'm sure they'd cost a lot more than direct. I don't know if anyone offers Husky, but I think Jeep may offer Weathertech.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a 2011 FJ and I am interested in getting Husky liners. I am pretty sure Husky is the way to go especially after reading all of these posts. So is the Husky everyone's favorite for the front, rear and cargo area? I have read other posts that gave the win to weathertech on the cargo area?? How does the OEM trail teams all weather cargo mat compare? If the husky's are superior all around then I will go that route but I would like input from the people who already have the huskyliners all around, thanks.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have both and I am torn - definitely like the Husky rear better as it does not slide around....but I like the front Toyota all-weather mat better, it is better looking and has a better grip when the floor is wet. Gonna have to go with the Toyota mats overall, but the Husky's are a great replacement if you cannot get the Toyota mats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts