Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a few weeks back, after installing my 285/75/16 KM2's, I ordered the Rough Country 3 inch kit that includes Front Spacers, Rear Coils, and Rear Shocks. I did the rear end install over a weekend and then looked at the spacers and had a sudden change of heart. I decided to not use the spacers. I went and immediately ordered Toytec's Adjustable Coilver Conversion kit for Trail Team shocks:

Adjustable Front Coil Over Kit for Bilstein Shocks - Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits

This is a really great kit which includes new coils, adjustable bottom plate, swaybar relocation brackets, and spanner wrenches. I also ordered Light Racing UCA's to go with it, to get a perfect alignment.

I had a shop put on the Toytec and UCA parts as I do not own a serious spring compressor needed for such tasks. The result is fantastic! I had them set the front to level with the rear (which already had the 2 inch lift coils from Rough Country). The ride quality is EXACTLY the same as OEM, except the driving performance on road is better because there is less body roll on on-ramps. The new LR UCA's are very impressive, and absolutely essential for anyone doing a lift I think. My alignment was able to be set perfectly.

Here are some after shots:

And a few next to my dad's 6 inch lifted Tacoma:

And finally, a pic when it was totally stock for comparison:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts