Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say sorry for the arabic link ( what was I thinking )

Secondly I am doing my own research in the matter and I want to do it as OEM job

so here is some info I found I want to share with you all

This is from a GCC LAND CRUISER PRADO - GRJ120L-GKAGKV / 1GRFE 4.0 ( 120 basse as FJ )

FUEL TUBE

This is for the FJ GSJ10L-GKASKA -GSJ10 USA 1GRFE ATM

Regarding the fitting I don't know why *amm009uk* faced a problem with the fitting other than may be because it not from the same wheel base as the FJ and Prado share the same 120 base ( not the old base ).

so far this is only a Theory ( but I have to do this mud )

Thank you amm009uk fot sharing such great info. ( I would like to more about electrical work (a simple diagram will be cool) )

by the way this is how the 120 Series Prado looks like

and this is how the 90 Series Prado looks like

the 1GRFE 4.0 is only fitted on the 120 series Prado and FJ !

By the way the US market didnot see the LAND CRUISER PRADO but it did see the high class (or high end) twin brother the 2007 LEXUS GX470 (UZJ120L-GKAZKA) ( share the same 120base)

and the new 2010 FJc share the new 150 Base

the 2007 LEXUS GX470 (UZJ120L-GKAZKA) fuel tank parts (very similar to single tank Prado)

I hope I helped in the matter

My advise is to go for the 120 S base sub tank (4.0 eng) not the 3.4 which is for the 90 S Base.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, what no idea?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I have no idea what is going on here.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Soooooooo are you talking about a way to give us more fuel? or another fuel tank that mounts in the rear?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
This was a hot topic when the forum first started. I am pretty sure at least one erson did it. All the issues were disussed including how to modify the fuel fill neck etc. A little time with the search function will give you tons of information and save you a lot of research on your own.

Good luck with the project :)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
^^^glad somebody understood.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Hello everyone. Haven't been on forum for a LONG TIME. I have the sub tank installed. There are no issues of safety/insurance blah blah as I'm in Saudi so no questions! However, its safe and solid. I have a Land Cruiser 100 which has a sub tank and its as good as that. In fact the tank is from the Prado I just don't know which one. Main tank holds about 70 litres and the sub about 80-85. The fuel filler is IMHO the worst bit to sort out. There's nothing off the shelf and the garage that installed it manufactured it on the spot. Probably the best bit of piping in the whole car its NEVER given me trouble. The same garage was crappers on the electical side so I did that myself. Done about 10-12 trips all requiring the sub tank. Its never failed! But I see there are some pre-assembled units out now so ppl should also look down that line.

A friend of mine copied most my tank but ended up with a different filler system. Doesnt work as well so accidentently I think mine is ok:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts