Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says I am new to online forums and not sure on what i can gain but a friend of mine is in the jeep world and he loves these forums so i figured what the h#ll i try it.

i have a 07 yellow fj with a 3" rough country lift 285 dick cepek fun country,
eclipse head unit and some other accessories. I like many other I know want a bigger lift and tires. I am torn between the fab tech and the rough country
and was wanting to hear the true opions of both

Thanks for all the help in advance

·
fka fatbrat40
2,489 Posts
Welcome to the FJ forums you think you hate what the FJ does to your
pocketbook, just wait till you read what all you can do to this truck
then you'll be truly BROKE. awesome place to hang out. great info and super nice people willing to help :armed:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome

Modding is definately a "love - hate" kinda thing. :boohoo:

Since you are new to forums, definately use the search tool. You will probably find your answers regarding the bigger lifts and tire scenarios. Going big requires much more research to do it right!

Good luck

AmityFJ

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
962 Posts
as the title says I am new to online forums and not sure on what i can gain but a friend of mine is in the jeep world and he loves these forums so i figured what the h#ll i try it.

i have a 07 yellow fj with a 3" rough country lift 285 dick cepek fun country,
eclipse head unit and some other accessories. I like many other I know want a bigger lift and tires. I am torn between the fab tech and the rough country
and was wanting to hear the true opions of both

Thanks for all the help in advance
Welcome to the fourms! This place is packed full of great resources to help you make educated decisions concerning your FJ.

I've personally seen two Rough Country 6" lifts in action but have no experience with the Fab Tech. If my memory serves me correct the big difference between the two kits is that the Fab Tech requires you to cut the cross member while the RC kit does not.

Why is that important? Well once you install the Fab Tech kit you're basically stuck with it. The RC kit can be taken back to stock by simply changing the parts back out. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that's my understanding.

So it would be my suggestion to go with the RC kit if you're set on going with a 6" lift kit based soley on the retrofitting feature. Plus, the guys at RC are a great group of guys and a pleasure to be around.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome. You are on the right forum. There are a lot of people here that have a lot of knowledge. I know I have learned an awful lot.

UB

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome! :grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Welcome hater

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Welcome

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Welcome aboard and i don't think you'll be disapointed. Nice choice of tires as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, I too am new to the FJ World, and since I got mine 2 weeks ago I'M in Heaven.
Looked for 1 yr, and finally took the plunge, and never been happier.
Infact I think I am happier than the Humping Bananas :bananahump-slvrathl

·
Registered
20 Posts
"__________________
I do not hate FJC i just hate the obsession and addiction to costantly purchase aftermarket goodies. Therefore I hate what they do to my checking accountnot to mention the with the girl"

sounds like your girl needs an FJ... then she'd understand ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome .......... go find some mud .. I like to get the Fj dirty !!
had alot of fun in the mud this weekend but it was a pain to get it clean again. And after doing some research on this forum ( very helpful) i have decided to go with the rc 6" lift and I will post up my thoughts after install

1 - 20 of 23 Posts