Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few days in Moab, then a week in Ouray, the truck and I left without incident! That is, until a truck deposited a rock into my windshield yesterday. What started as a small chip has progressed into a pretty big crack that goes from top center, down to the bottom, and also across the top to the drivers side. I have an appointment to get it replaced in Kentucky tomorrow since I'll be there for a day.

Thank god for glass insurance...they said the bill will be around $2100 for the glass/new trim piece and clips/installation.

Thats all, nothing to see here :D

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Thank god for glass insurance...they said the bill will be around $2100 for the glass/new trim piece and clips/installation.
Welcome to the club!

Not that it matters, but I think your insurance company is got hosed on the installation. Two windshield replacements earlier this year cost me $100 and my insurance company $800 for each job here in San Francisco -- the second (if not the first) most expensive place to live in the continental United States.

Just be glad you have insurance to cover most of it. ;)

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Racer! Holy moly are you a hard man to find!

I had absolutely ZERO phone and internet service the entire trip. I even had people keeping an eye out for me so i could get those springs to ya! But no luck.. Sorry the deal never wet down :(

Still have no idea what ya look like so i wouldn't of been surprised if i walked by you a hundred times :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Racer! Holy moly are you a hard man to find!

I had absolutely ZERO phone and internet service the entire trip. I even had people keeping an eye out for me so i could get those springs to ya! But no luck.. Sorry the deal never wet down :(

Still have no idea what ya look like so i wouldn't of been surprised if i walked by you a hundred times :lol:
Dom, I had internet in every hotel, you coulda just used my laptop slacker.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Not only did I get two nice chips in my windshield, but I also couldn't find Racer to give him his beer... I don't think he really exists :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a question do you need to ask for special insurance for your windshield? Or is it included in most auto insurance policies? Let me know.

Thanks
FJDUnkball

·
Registered
204 Posts
It was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks for driving up to Colorado with us. We got home to California on the 27th. I also had to replace my windshield after a stone in Wyoming. Its was just over $700 through Safelite Autoglass.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear about the windshield. It was nice meeting you and chatting at the Ouray laundry mat.

Also sorry I couldn't help with connecting to Dom.

Have a safe rest of your journey!

Nice meeting you too!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks for driving up to Colorado with us. We got home to California on the 27th. I also had to replace my windshield after a stone in Wyoming. Its was just over $700 through Safelite Autoglass.

Nice meeting you too! I'd taken a few stone hits to the windshield before, but the one that cracked it made a HUGE bang! Also, your windshield was MUCH cheaper! I used safelight as well...I wonder if they got a toyota window for me? I should check...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts