Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I took the leap and bought a 2011 Cruiser, with 121k miles on it!

Im from western PA, Pittsburgh Area. And i bought the cruiser because Im moving BACK to Colorado, into the mountains, and i wanted to make sure i had a vehicle to handle the 300+ inches of snow id be dealing with!!

I'm extremely excited about this vehicle and im very happy and confident that i made a great purchase! I've already "MODDED" the vehicle with some grill and bumper painting.

Thanks for having me and i cant wait to be a part of this forum!!

*EDIT*
I have no idea why the pictures are side ways. They were not when i uploaded them, plz send help lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Say hello to all the Texans in Colorado for me.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Better an Fj than the farm.....

Welcome! Good looking unit, hide your wallet whilst cruising the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :smile

My iPhone photos didn't used to be rotated. Something changed, don't know what. I use Photo Gallery to edit/enhance images and it works well with Win 10.

Windows Photo Gallery 2012 is part of Windows Essentials. Microsoft doesn't support or have downloads anymore but there are numerous free download sources. I used CNET. You don't have to download all of Essentials, pick what you want prior to download.

GL,
Lee

·
Registered
37 Posts
Paint those mirrors too! I did all my trim with Plasti-Dip. Holding up great. Except on the door handles. They get "handled" too much.

·
Premium Member
16,369 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paint those mirrors too! I did all my trim with Plasti-Dip. Holding up great. Except on the door handles. They get "handled" too much.
I will be! Maybe next weekends project, I just dont want to remove them. Ill also be shadowing the signals. To kinda "Black out" the vehicle...If only the roof wasn't white. UGH

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Anybody that is in the Colorado ski resort areas should do some kind of a rust treatment or Fluid Film on the underside. You are going to be seeing snow on the ground and roads from October through May and your FJ will be covered with salt/sand/mag chloride. Colorado mountains experience a whole lot of freeze thaw just about every single day, but it is too cold and not worth hitting the car wash frequently.

Can be a recipe for a very rusty vehicle and frame.

WP does get a lot of snow and a lot of people, so that means a constant amount of sand/salt on the roads and new snow about every 3-4 days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I didn't want to take mine off either. I left them on, got a roll of 1' masking paper ( newspaper works good too) and a lot of blue tape and masked them off . It's easy to pop off the mirrors using the long screwdriver from the bottom method ( look up video on youtube) or just mask off the mirrors w blue painters tape. Did mine over 2 years ago, still look great. If you remove the mirrors put paper over the inner workings that the mirror snaps onto . Don't paint that.

Use at least 3 coats. Makes it a lot easier to peel it off later if you ever want to. The thicker the better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't want to take mine off either. I left them on, got a roll of 1' masking paper ( newspaper works good too) and a lot of blue tape and masked them off . It's easy to pop off the mirrors using the long screwdriver from the bottom method ( look up video on youtube) or just mask off the mirrors w blue painters tape. Did mine over 2 years ago, still look great. If you remove the mirrors put paper over the inner workings that the mirror snaps onto . Don't paint that.

Use at least 3 coats. Makes it a lot easier to peel it off later if you ever want to. The thicker the better.
Great Tips thanks! I also have a roll of vinyl i may use, although its gloss and not flat.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts