Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 and a half years ago, we got my wife's FJ cruiser: an '07 6 speed we named Filthy Frank.
After driving it all over hell's half acre and back and falling in love with the FJ cruiser, I knew there was only one car I wanted for a reliable daily.
Yesterday, we finally unlocked the achievement: Multiple FJ Cruisers.

Green Bean is a 2014 model we found for sale in Ardmore, OK. It's got all the bells and whistles I could have asked for (aside from the after market lockbox and subwoofer the previous owner took with him lol). 3" Bilstein lift, Smittybilt M1 front bumpter, not sure on the grille guard, Horror-Fright 9000lb winch, 305/70r17 Toyo Open Country tires (that rub the mud flap slightly lol), upgraded stereo speakers with bluetooth, but most importantly.....A-Trac, and CRAWL CONTROL HELL YEAH! It's a special type of Crawl Control that makes me specifically say "Oh hell yeah" too often. And yes, I'm aware that the angry eyes are silly and that the spare tire isn't the correct size. I'll be fixing both of those in the near future lol.

Anyways, I figured I'd join an FJ forum since I have my BMW E30 on an E30 forum where I document the maintenance and everything, and since I intend to do all the maintenance on GB myself, I thought I should have a spot to document it as well since there will likely be no more trips to the dealer that add on to the CarFax mx report. That'll be it's own thread, not here. Also, I'll document the fun times in that thread as well once it's created. I definitely plan on using GB the way the previous owner did. Thanks for having me, and I hope you like The Green Bean!

IMG_20210406_161817426_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210406_141218746_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210406_161825774_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210406_161830882_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210406_171344841_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210406_192146333.jpg
IMG_20210406_185727.jpg

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
38,085 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,939 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,109 Posts
Hi Levy3Poop, welcome from Ohio!
Nice FJ and backup FJ 😉👍

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard!
Hi Levy3Poop, welcome from Ohio!
Nice FJ and backup FJ 😉👍
Thanks for the welcome wagon :^) And which FJ is the back up FJ, exactly? lmao probably Frank is the back up because a back up needs to be more sensible. We plan on changing Frank up soon. The good thing about getting GB is that now we kind of have a feel for what my wife may like about it and want to do to Frank

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Welcome from SoCal!

You've answered the question: What's better than an FJ? Two FJs! Very cool His and Hers you got there!

·
Premium Member
4,238 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

Nice!

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from SoCal!

You've answered the question: What's better than an FJ? Two FJs! Very cool His and Hers you got there!
That's one of the hardest questions, and that's just about the only answer! The only more accurate answer would be another FJ

·
Registered
2007 FJ M/T Arctic Silver 285/70/17 no BMC no Rub
605 Posts
About 2 and a half years ago, we got my wife's FJ cruiser: an '07 6 speed we named Filthy Frank.
After driving it all over hell's half acre and back and falling in love with the FJ cruiser, I knew there was only one car I wanted for a reliable daily.

Green Bastard is a 2014 model we found for sale in Ardmore, OK. It's got all the bells and whistles I could have asked for (aside from the after market lockbox and subwoofer the previous owner took with him lol). 3" Bilstein lift, Smittybilt M1 front bumpter, not sure on the grille guard, Horror-Fright 9000lb winch, 305/70r17 Toyo Open Country tires (that rub the mud flap slightly lol), upgraded stereo speakers with bluetooth, but most importantly.....A-Trac, and CRAWL CONTROL HELL YEAH! It's a special type of Crawl Control that makes me specifically say "Oh hell yeah" too often. And yes, I'm aware that the angry eyes are silly and that the spare tire isn't the correct size. I'll be fixing both of those in the near future lol.

Anyways, I figured I'd join an FJ forum since I have my BMW E30 on an E30 forum where I document the maintenance and everything, and since I intend to do all the maintenance on GB myself, I thought I should have a spot to document it as well since there will likely be no more trips to the dealer that add on to the CarFax mx report. That'll be it's own thread, not here. Also, I'll document the fun times in that thread as well once it's created. I definitely plan on using GB the way the previous owner did. Thanks for having me, and I hope you like The Green Bastard!

View attachment 1158444 View attachment 1158445 View attachment 1158446 View attachment 1158447 View attachment 1158448 View attachment 1158449 View attachment 1158450
Looks sick and you look stoked!
Congratulation on your new love child!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Welcome you greedy bastard! Best wishes from Vancouver, USA. Hogging the FJC market! Congrats! Endless fun ahead.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Green Bastard is a 2014 model we found for sale in Ardmore, OK. It's got all the bells and whistles I could have asked for (aside from the after market lockbox and subwoofer the previous owner took with him lol). 3" Bilstein lift, Smittybilt M1 front bumpter, not sure on the grille guard, Horror-Fright 9000lb winch, 305/70r17 Toyo Open Country tires (that rub the mud flap slightly lol), upgraded stereo speakers with bluetooth, but most importantly.....A-Trac, and CRAWL CONTROL HELL YEAH! It's a special type of Crawl Control that makes me specifically say "Oh hell yeah" too often. And yes, I'm aware that the angry eyes are silly and that the spare tire isn't the correct size. I'll be fixing both of those in the near future lol.

Anyways, I figured I'd join an FJ forum since I have my BMW E30 on an E30 forum where I document the maintenance and everything, and since I intend to do all the maintenance on GB myself, I thought I should have a spot to document it as well since there will likely be no more trips to the dealer that add on to the CarFax mx report. That'll be it's own thread, not here. Also, I'll document the fun times in that thread as well once it's created. I definitely plan on using GB the way the previous owner did. Thanks for having me, and I hope you like The Green Bastard!

View attachment 1158444 View attachment 1158445 View attachment 1158446 View attachment 1158447 View attachment 1158448 View attachment 1158449 View attachment 1158450
Welcome Mate from Sunny San Diego!! That Ride is Beautiful, Congratulations

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome from an FJ snowbird in Az. Can't wait to get back to my FJ in North Dakota. I know, FJ should be here
With all the great trails but the Sequoia makes trip a little nicer. I need 2 FJ s too, but only the people here understand.lol

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
"Howdy!", from Houston!
Two is definitely twice the fun!
D

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks sick and you look stoked!
Congratulation on your new love child!
Haha you have no idea how stoked I am! I think the PO did a pretty good job on mods for the most part. There's just a few things that need to be kind of spruced up and only a couple things I really want to add to it

1 - 20 of 49 Posts