Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent my morning wheeling with my step-bro in Wellsville, OH. Fantastic day! The FJ did wonderfully! Anyways, when we were leaving there was a group of people BSing and I could hear one of them go to another, "Dude! Look at that tricked out RAV-4!" :flame:

On a better note, I talked with a guy who used to have an FJ40, who couldn't say enough good things about how much he loved the new models.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
My FJ was one of the first, had it over 2 years now. Way too many people stopped to ask if that was the new H4, or say "oh, I like how they rounded the new Hummer".

But like you said... a couple of FJ40s going down the road gave waves, made me feel good again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i believe that is legal grounds to run a person over, although in the poor rav4's defense it does has more leg room even though its an inch shorter

·
Registered
191 Posts
There about 3 guys in my local TLCA club that have FJCs. However, I think I'm the only one who's done any significant wheeling with mine. I have the pinstripes and dings to prove. At any rate, all it took to get a little respect was to get my rig out on the trail. All the guys in the club are really cool people. They more than happy to share their knowledge, and we're just a bunch that likes to check out each other's rigs no matter what era and hit the trails.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i believe that is legal grounds to run a person over...

Agreed. At first I thought the guy said he thought it was a Ford (almost as bad), but then my step-bro got on the walkie and goes, "did you just hear that guy ask if you had a RAV4?" By that time he was out of ramming distance...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
fj dont look at all like a rav4, my wife has a 2005 rav4, great for her being awd, but i will stick to my fj

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
I was at a 4x4 shop getting my mounts chopped and someone getting on a Harley yells across the parking lot."Nice rig man, is that a new hummer model" I proceeded to ask him if he was riding a new huffy model.

Ha, okay no, i just said nope, it is a toyota.

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
I got the hummer question once but never get mad, just no need to. I know its not and I dont have any beef with hummers... the original that is :)
I have beef with hummer owners that have step bars over their rock rails. As in both of them. Idiots.
Next time you see one, look down and if you see a black bar, and then a step bar, this is what i am talking about.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Your frustration in dealing with Idiots will be greatly reduced if you adjust your expectations and remember this simple fact...Half of the general population is below average. Nuf said...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thats funny, friends of mine just paid 72k for a new hummer (truthfully, a beautiful vehicle inside) and it had the rock rails and the step bars. Naturally they have no idea what rock rails are, or what theyre for. To their credit they use it kinda like a pickup, they opened up the back and had an upside down wheelbarrow and shovels etc., the thing was dirty as hell.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I have one of the few FJs in my town and at the local Tim Horton's the other morning the girl at the drive thru window said that I she just loved my new truck......Then she had to spoil it abd say " I didn't know they made a hummer with two doors...."........Good thing she was handing me a dubba dubba or I would have had to swear at her.......

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
My FJ was one of the first, had it over 2 years now. Way too many people stopped to ask if that was the new H4, or say "oh, I like how they rounded the new Hummer".

But like you said... a couple of FJ40s going down the road gave waves, made me feel good again.
I've had that feeling before. A brick red FJ40 gave me the peace sign yesterday. I felt good.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just today my friends went to lunch in my SuFu FJC. The whole way over they asked questions about it. On the way out we passed a black TRD FJC parked in the same lot and one of them asked: " what is that, a hummer?"

You can only teach people so much it seems... :jester:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Mine has been referred to as "Beefed up Mini Cooper". Is that better than Rav-4?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I had someone ask me if it was a new Honda once....

But on another note. When it was new back in early 2006 I spotted a guy walking towards me a crossed a parking lot and he said “What is it? It’s stunning, absolutely stunning!”………….I think so too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mine has been referred to as "Beefed up Mini Cooper". Is that better than Rav-4?
Well you gotta admit the "beefed up" part is kinda cool. The worst one I got was from one girls I work with , she says "oh is it like a wannabe hummer" I was pissed,I mean a WANNABE!!!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Or it could turn out like what happened to us one day. Saw a jeep at on of our local spots and he said "wow' those are some nice RAV4s.

Less than an hour later these RAV4s were going were he could not and even pulling him out of a couple of stuck spots.

That has to worse for him, not to be able to follow and then to be pulled out by a RAV4. :lol::lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts