Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my FJ a few months now and I want to start some mods. I just need a little help from you guys if you don't mind.

#1 - I am wondering what suggestions anyone has for driving lights that would be mounted on the bumper that the "FJ" factory covers will fit. I know the Hella 500's will work but are there any others?

#2 - I was also wondering how to mount the lights to the factory bumper. Do you need mounting brackets or how do you do that and if so does anyone have the instructions to do so or a link that might show pictures+

#3 - I would like to put the PIAA Intense White H4 bulbs in my headlights. Do I have to do any conversion to do so or do you just pop those babies in?

I had a Jeep Wrangler TJ for years and done everything imaginable to it and there are all kinds of websites on "How To's" for them so that is what I am used to. This is an awesome forum but I have found it a little difficult to find answers to specific questions so I thought I would start my own thread. Please forgive me because I am sure all these questions have been answered several times on here.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hello and welcome! I could not say on the factory bumper as I have an aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Search button works decently but I've found that google actually works better for finding stuff on this forum half the time as silly as it sounds.

There have been countless times I have searched on this forum only to find no results or results that were unrelated. Then I go to google and search the same keywords ie "bumper mounted lights fj cruiser" and I find tons of links back to the fj forums.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang. Good luck with the lights.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty sure you'll need brackets if you want to mount to factory bumper, but I would suggest you go aftermarket!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could anyone point me in the right direction to an aftermarket bracket or even a factory bracket for that matter. Does anyone have one that they have taken off that they would like to sell or donate to a new FJ buddy?:bigthumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have some of the OEM brackets that my lights came on when I got my FJ for the bumper.

Only were on 3 days and 200mi or so before I got my brush guard and they had to move.

eMail me and we can talk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts