Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started Driving it with 40 Miles on it. Much better than the crown vics!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
i worked on a few of them. but most of the departments that we worked for had a no pursuit policy so they were i think the 3.5L.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any thing under the hood better about the charger than stock. I valet cars and have driven a bunch of chargers and feel that they are a little lacking. Any reasonable sports car could smoke the charger
i worked on a few of them. but most of the departments that we worked for had a no pursuit policy so they were i think the 3.5L.
5.7L engine and we do have a pursuit policly. They are much quicker than the Crown Vics. The reasonable sports car might smoke the Chagers but they have a hard time ditching our radios and Gaurdian One (King County's Helicopter).

·
Registered
69 Posts
This car is broken for police work without a hemi!!!!!

I'd take the crown vic (police interceptor) any day over a charger without a hemi!

It does look very aggressive though, nice and appealing to the eye!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
The RCMP are slow in getting the Crown Vics replaced but the smaller town/city departments have been running some Chargers for more than a year up here. The trend of FJs with black steel wheels must be affecting me cuz I really like the black steelies on the Chargers. At the car show on the weekend (Speed Sport East in Moncton NB) I saw more than a few stock cars running black steel wheels from a company called Basset....They make a good looking steelie...

OK so I looked and they do make wheels for trucks....but only in 15 inch.....grrrrrrr....Nice prices too....figures!!!!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
yea, i have heard that down the highway, the chargers walk away from the crown vics. and thats coming from a few CHP officers that were going to calls with local PD's running the 5.7 chargers.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah, as a cop car those chargers are pretty bad ass , the Georgia state patrol started using them a year or so ago. Very intimidating in the rear view, and way cool looking. Kind of a modern day race car with blue lights and some dukes of hazard radio antennas :)

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
sorry for the fuzziness. i took it while driving from my FJ as i was leaving testing at the academy. ive seen it on hwy 99 before. it is pretty much a show/publicity car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sexy sample here....

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, i have heard that down the highway, the chargers walk away from the crown vics. and thats coming from a few CHP officers that were going to calls with local PD's running the 5.7 chargers.

The police interceptor on the Crown Vic does not compete with the 5.7L. The charger handles much better in all aspects. The only draw back I have noticed is visibility. I have been driving an FJ for 1 1/2 years so I am used to that!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
The police interceptor on the Crown Vic does not compete with the 5.7L. The charger handles much better in all aspects. The only draw back I have noticed is visibility. I have been driving an FJ for 1 1/2 years so I am used to that!
i heard a lot of guys complaing about the room inside once everything is installed. not nearly as complain about the impalas, which is a terrible police vehicle. no power, no room, just plain sucks. i do enjoy the bike racks on some of them though, for the serious pursuits.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice ride. Just don't pull me over going through the S curves.
Oh you are very safe from me on I-405 or SR 167. That is State Patrols Relm. I can't stand doing traffic stops with cars whipping by and 60 mph+ inches from you and your car. I only make traffic stops up there when I absolutely have to!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thats sweet! We'll have to meet up so we can street race my Crown Vic vs your dodge! I do want to check out the new ride!

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats sweet! We'll have to meet up so we can street race my Crown Vic vs your dodge! I do want to check out the new ride!
Dave that would be illegal! You would not stand a chance anyways hahaha.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts