Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That was quick. It made it by FedEx Ground in 3 or 4 business days. What's up with FedEx these days? Not even any decent scuffs on the box.

Inside the box...

Unpacked...

Other side of the bag with a shout-out to Chandler Products...

Big pleated pocket on one side of the bag and a flat pocket on the other...

About 20 seconds with a hair dryer...

About 2 minutes reminiscing about the good ol' days of playing tuba in high school (I sense some mean jokes heading my way after admitting to blowing that thing up) ... my FJ is stock height.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I'm really impressed with this item. I like the color. I like the storage bag. It seems like a good quality item.

I already found a cheap 24"x48" welcome mat at walmart that I can cut in half and use above and below for extra puncture protection. Now I just need to get stuck. It will be a first in my FJ, though I have been through many recoveries with 2wd vehicles in the past. Maybe I'll just rotate my tires Saturday and let the first sticking be a natural thing. Whichever way, there will be pictures!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice .. can't wait to get my dirty mits on mine...
Post a pic of your FJ lifted...
I take the fourth and final section of the CPA exam Friday, so Friday evening is the earliest that might happen. If I don't see other pictures floating around by then, I'll post up. Who am I kidding... I'll have pictures up by Saturday at the latest no matter how many are floating around.:lol:

EDIT: I bet I get bored studying and get those pics tomorrow or Thursday...

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Nice pictures. The bag looks well designed as well as the rest of the items.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hmmm, is there a number I can call? Three emails and no call since the word out on the group buy... correct email address too (not the initial one).

Thanks

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks very nice; I'm thinking about getting one as well. Has anyone looked into where "the best" jack points on the FJ would be, for the air bag? I'm thinking if one was a little careless and got the thing under something other than a "very strong" part, it would just smash it!. Ron

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks very nice; I'm thinking about getting one as well. Has anyone looked into where "the best" jack points on the FJ would be, for the air bag? I'm thinking if one was a little careless and got the thing under something other than a "very strong" part, it would just smash it!. Ron
The 4 ton jack has a 24" diameter, so it will spread out the pressure on the undercarriage somewhat. Still, I think the frame, rock rails, or a mixture of both would be best. Someone uploaded a video of using the jack and they used the frame.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This product looks unreal! I like how you CAN buy a air compressor fitting so you dont have to use the exhaust pipe if you dont want to. If you could post a picture of actually jacking up the FJ that would be great!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Yes, I can see that with rock rails a mixture of both would probably be the best. For "hardcore" desert/outback/wilderness use I can see how a bracket/fixture to keep it on the frame and/or axle could be handy (i.e. flat plate with a channel). It wouldn't have to be massively strong, just to keep it centered. Ron

The 4 ton jack has a 24" diameter, so it will spread out the pressure on the undercarriage somewhat. Still, I think the frame, rock rails, or a mixture of both would be best. Someone uploaded a video of using the jack and they used the frame.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
are you guys part of the group buy??? I was emailing Steve to find out about a new attachment for the TRD exhaust.....I even took measurments for him and still to this day have not heard back from him.......oh well

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
where the rock rails form a T with the frame would be the best location to place the jack.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hmmm, is there a number I can call? Three emails and no call since the word out on the group buy... correct email address too (not the initial one).

Thanks
try 901-683-4435

That is what was on my phone's caller ID

1 - 20 of 22 Posts