Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you in the process of purchasing an FJ? Either way if you do not have ATRAC you can add the switch for around 50 bucks. The locking diff option gives you the ability to have it so all it takes is the switch. Hope this helps.
I've had it for about 3 weeks now!

I have the switch that says "rear diff" or what have you. I've seen pictures of the ATRAC switch and wondered if that's the same???

Still a little confused!!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
If you don't have a switch that says A-Trac, you can get one from several places (such as TRDsource.com) for around $50. Add that to the proper spot on the panel (search the forums for the instructions), and you're A-Trac will be working.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
The rear dif switch locks the rear diff so that both axles are turning the same speed at the same time. ATRAC is a traction system that uses the ABS sensors to determine if a wheel is spinning and will apply braking to that wheel to stop the spin and apply power to the wheel with grip. ATRAC uses some of the rear diff lock system in order to work.

So if you have the dif lock all you have to do is purchase the ATRAC switch and install it to the harness that is already behind your console and you are in business.

ATRAC works on both front and rear axles.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Great responses guys!!!!! You know this is why this place is the bomb. There are so many talented people that can pretty much point you exactly where you need to go! Thanks guys!!!!!

Kim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts