Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been since March 29th at 8:00 since I have been without. On the way to our 3 year anniversary dinner, while sitting at a red light we where side swiped by an 89 year old man, with dementia under 24 hour care who snuck away and went for a drive:rocker:. He hit us hard enough that my first thought was we where rear-ended, but after looking back and seeing nothing, I looked forward and see what turned out to be a '77 Ford drive through the red light and keep on going while gently swerving side to side.

Cops where called, FJ was towed:mecry:, the cops found previously mentioned 89 YO, who luckily still had insurance. And I have been driving a '10 Dodge 1500 since. I am really tired of the Dodge, and I just want FJ back. She'll have a nice new coat of paint down one side, new steering components on the passenger side, as well as sheet metal, fender flares, and maybe new wheels, depending on if the front passenger is deemed too damaged (which I will fight tooth and nail for). Sorry for the sob story, but I needed to get it out, and I really miss my ride.

·
Registered
790 Posts
ah man. Good thing everyone was ok.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. As for the old man, they should take his license away and his family should take his car away before he does more harm to others.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
That SUCKS!!! Hope you get your baby back soon all fixed like new...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the old man, they should take his license away and his family should take his car away before he does more harm to others.
We have no idea if he actually has a license or not, I would think not since he is under 24 hour supervision, but who knows. Our theory is that his car was still insured and available to be used by his caretakers.

The good part of all this if there is any, is that he did hit us, and not a kid, or someone walking, and if he had injured us we most likely would have been able to recover and heal faster then some other people due to our age. And hopefully some heads rolled with his caretakers so that this will NEVER happen again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts