Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm board, so I took the time to try, and get a grip on the corrosion everywhere on the fj. Fluid film, and woolwax are my weapons of choice. On ,and around the motor was so much corrosion. So I made myself small, and used a little brush, and paint brush. Still has corrosive spots, but at least I tried. That keeps me from puking

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I took the cover off , tried to get everywhere. The drivebelt pulleys, little fittings, connectors got all rusted. But better

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,783 Posts
She was a fast machine
She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman I had ever seen....

Oops! Wrong thread although she too kept her motor clean.

Looks good!

·
Premium Member
12,303 Posts
Nicely done! You're not the only one who uses a paint brush to detail the engine.

·
Premium Member
12,303 Posts
Heck yeah! My engine bay and motor are cleaner thsn the day i took delivery 14+ years ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you. I'm from denver where things dont rust. I Just had to get creative with grease, or whatever protects, and fluid film is my go to. Plus cleaning, and detailing is free. I'd rather show pictures of a supercharger installation. 😀 but that's expensive

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thank you. I'm from denver where things dont rust. I Just had to get creative with grease, or whatever protects, and fluid film is my go to. Plus cleaning, and detailing is free. I'd rather show pictures of a supercharger installation. 😀 but that's expensive
I use my FJ to go to my farm weekly (am heading there now for the weekend). I just popped my hood, due to remembering your thread. The amount of dust/dirt I pick up, my clean engine would last 5 days till the next visit.

But you have inspired me to clean it when I get back home.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's great! Glad to hear it. Good time for inspection too! You said one of my favorite words. 'Farm'. That puts me in a happy place. Your lucky. Enjoy✌. What kind of farm is it?

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
139 Posts
I would still like to have an in person meeting with the frame team and have them explain to me why they never figured out the rust problem. They had how many years to get it figured out and they never did. WTF What The Frame!

<>< <>< <>< <*(((^(((><

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
I would still like to have an in person meeting with the frame team and have them explain to me why they never figured out the rust problem. They had how many years to get it figured out and they never did. WTF What The Frame!

<>< <>< <>< QUOTE]

I have a theory. Toyota upped the carbon content in the frame to make it stronger, but neglected to apply the proper coatings to protect it. High carbon steel likes to rust.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts