Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

"Lucy! I'm Home!"
At least that's kinda my everyday thought when I wake up to my beautiful Lucy.

I bought my FJ roughly a year ago and have fallen madly in love with it more and more since then. I routinely tinker with it in little ways but nonetheless have the best time doing so. I wanted a light bar for her but couldn't find anything that really suited my fancy. Finally, I found the perfect rack to buy but i wasn't wanting to pay quite that much for a piece of sheet metal with some holes drilled in it so I put my engineering skills together and came up with my light bar. I got it all mounted and followed a light rack wiring thread on here to wire it through my A pillar. I put 4 Hella 500's on it because of the low profile look and the white and black covers that came with them. In the end I ended up spending roughly half of what i would have spent if I were to have bought it and in my opinion it looks perfect haha!

I just ordered a Demello Single Hoop bumper the other day so hopefully that will get in soon! I installed a set of backup lights off of my roof rack today! i couldn't seem to find and lights small enough to fit in the space between the two bars that the roof rack is made out of so off to Wally-World i went for the last stop in town before trying to order some online. Thankfully i found exactly what i was looking for. a set of cheap tiny tiny lights to mount on my roof rack and wire to my backup lights.

I found them on sale too for only $15 bucks a set so i bought an extra set to use as camping lights on the side or just auxiliary lighting for anytime use. I would have bought one more set but sadly... they were out. I installed LED light strips on the interior of the mainly for looks, but the lighting sure does help to light up the interior if i want it to!

I installed a dimmer switch on them to make it less harsh at night so i guess i could drive with them if I wanted.

I put in four strips; two under the dash and two back in the trunk area.

I also put in a red neon light bar back behind my 2 12" Kicker L3's that are run off of a Kicker DX1000 mono-block amp which runs from a Pioneer Avic-U310BT head unit. I bought an actual Pineapple grenade that was in use in WWII but pulled apart and fashioned into a gear shifter

i figured it would match my pineapple grenade valve stem caps!
I haven't had a chance to take her off road yet due to my major fear of scratching the paint :mecry: but oh well! sooner or later I'll get around to it! My next mod is going to be fabbing my own rear tube wrap around bumper for Lucy! I keep telling her that public indecency is illegal.... but she said she won't stop til i make her the bumper... so I guess I should get to it! :pinklove:

Here's Lucy's newest addition to her wardrobe! personally I think she looks pretty vicious. Notice how the fender wells are tied with wire.

Here's the bumper wings that were fabricated by myself ((Robertson-made) how does that sound? haha) to negate the need to cut out so much of the fender well (plus I think it looks better)

And a close up

The fender well after it was screwed to the wings

I blacked out around my taillights a couple of days ago and painted my FJ symbol on my spare tire cover white

I also painted my shackles and my antenna white too!

I entered Lucy in her first car show and ended up walking out with my first plaque also for 2nd place in the off road division!

After the car show I went home and started painting my rear bumper caps and valence white

I also painted the hoop on my DO bumper white

Lucy got an audio upgrade the other day. I finally got my L3s sold and bought two 10" kicker L7s.

I replaced the door speakers with Kicker ds 6x9 speakers and the dash speakers with Kicker ds3.5"

I made custom mounting plates for the two Kicker ds5.25" speakers mounted right behind the rear doors

I mounted two more Kicker ds3.5" speakers in the rear pillars and made my own custom speaker grills out of bathtub/shower drain covers

I ran the two sets of 3.5" speakers straight off the deck, and the 6x9s and the 5.25s off of the Kicker dx400.4 amp that I mounted on the back of my storage box

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Looks good! How do the Kicker's sound in the FJ? :rocker:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! How do the Kicker's sound in the FJ? :rocker:
Sound great! One of the loudest systems in my town! Haha and I got it all cheap. But then again it does pay to be the super close nephew of a car audio store ownerXD

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way! If anyone ever needs help with anything I end up doing on Lucille then feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to help!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Holy Earthquake Lucy, those Kickers are almost as big as my recovery gear box! Nice touches on your rig. :cheers:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha! Thanks! I plan on selling them within the next few weeks and getting a different sub that smaller but pushes as my ch to accommodate for the gear box I'm putting in my trunk area

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I installed my DO front bumper today and removed my windshield washer bottle too. I'm working on a custom washer bottle that looks close to the EXP-1 bottle. I'll post some pictures tomorrow or the next day after i get the bottle finished.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my washer bottle idea didn't work. Complete and total failure. soooooo. I'm off to the shop tomorrow to make a new one. This time a little more rigid.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm finally getting around to posting pictures from lately up here! I plasti dipped my door handles, my Toyota emblem up in my grill and the bezel i plasti dipped white. I partially plastidipped my turn signals around the actual light part then lightly smoked the light part. I know my fender wells are wired up right now, but i havent had a chance to fix them yet due to me not going to cut them. I'm fabricating wings that bolt on to the bumper and are attached to the fender wells. This is Lucy's newest line of clothing!

(I know that the night shot isn't the best but my best friend wanted a picture last night haha)
so here's a few day shots!

and here's my blinkers taped off getting ready to be painted!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also forgot to mention that i added a little HP to my rig with my Z.O.R.T. sticker I put on the back!

(I got it in black so it wasn't too noticeable so the zombies wouldn't start picking me off because I'm out to kill them.)

·
Registered
463 Posts
looks good so far! dont worry about scratching the paint it gives the Fj character or something haha get that thing off the pavement already!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will soon, there's just not too many places to take it around here. It's mainly just the riverbed which would be fun, but it's better on a four wheeler or dirtbike!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I will soon, there's just not too many places to take it around here. It's mainly just the riverbed which would be fun, but it's better on a four wheeler or dirtbike!
Its always fun to go on a road trip that will take you camping to get to some better wheeling spots! I'm sure there is group somewhat local to you that can tell you more places to wheel in your part of Texas. Keep the mods coming!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts