Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got in late Thursday night, and this is my first time here, but still....I already loved the idea of New York (the capitol of the world) before getting here.

Thu: flight from DIA to LaGuardia (landed ~11:00 EST)
Holy [email protected]! I just lost two freakin hours, and they say I can't have em back till I go home. :|
over-night at Sister-in-law's place in Brooklyn

Fri: Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island (kinda seems like the main point of our country) = AWESOME! :salute:
Pre-wedding party at brother-in-law #1's place in Weehawken :rocker:

Today: American Museum of Natural History : paleo geek :
Central Park
over-night at brother-in-law #2's place in Newburgh

Sun: Wedding in NJ
maybe Canal Street :shopping:

Mon: fly home
Yay! Mountains again!! :) :clap:
back to work!

It's a short trip, and we don't have much time for deviations, but if there's anything you think I should see while I'm there, please let me know.

We would kinda like to find a local brewery that makes great Belgian beer (or, second choice would be great dark beer aged on barrels or something like that).

A gyro and some halve would hit the spot too....at the rate we're going, I'm not sure if I'll even have time to stop for a restroom break (let alone any neato place we should see while we're here), but...

p.s. We saw a Titanium Metallic FJ Cruiser when we were downtown NYC this afternoon...traveling south....not too many of them around in that part of the city I guess

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Bill wants to take me there so bad.... I wanna go sooo bad..Party like there ain't no tomorrow!! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I agree New York is sweet I've done the trip twice for new years and once for a medical conference Be careful and keep your eyes open if walking around at night. I know obvious but seriously be safe.

I would love to see spiderman on broadway too

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill wants to take me there so bad.... I wanna go sooo bad..Party like there ain't no tomorrow!! :rocker:
You guys should totally come here. I think you might be able to find lots of cool stuff for the shop.....well, and just being out here like you said....partying would be cool too.

I agree New York is sweet I've done the trip twice for new years and once for a medical conference Be careful and keep your eyes open if walking around at night. I know obvious but seriously be safe.

why, is he needed there because of the crime rate or something?

you think ny is cool?

just wait to meet the great people who live in this area and own fj's!!!

you will see more fj's when you visit nj

might see mine too

enjoy your visit
Ha ha, ya...well....for me, my love for NYC is a bit of a patriotic thing in a way.....I guess there's just something special about a place like this.

NJ (what I've seen of it) seems a bit cleaner and nicer, but I only get an extremely small exposure on this trip.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
the city is great. i love going in to nyc for concerts and just to hang out. i wouldnt leave this place for anything

·
Registered
54 Posts
If your in Newburgh you should check out torches on the waterfront and all the bars along there.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
the city is great. i love going in to nyc for concerts and just to hang out. i wouldnt leave this place for anything
great restaurants too best time is around the holidays....finding someone else from the island on here is rare, im from port washington where are you from

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
im out in holbrook. .....for now

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
NYC is only enjoyable if you dont live there. Spent a couple weeks in the city and was astounded at how draining it really is. Not to mention the city seems to be made up of the biggest group of aholes I have ever encountered.
:lol:.

No offense to any that live there, but you couldn't pay me enough to live in that big of a city.

I view it kind of like California. I'd loved to visit there, would never live there.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
NYC is only enjoyable if you dont live there. Spent a couple weeks in the city and was astounded at how draining it really is. Not to mention the city seems to be made up of the biggest group of aholes I have ever encountered.
You have never been to Texas then..... :rofl:

Still trying to figure out how the world can revolve around both TX and NYC at the same time......:bigthumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I travel to Long Island at least every 2 years to see family. We travel into the city to see friends and enjoy the atmosphere.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
If you're going to Canal Street go downtown a little further to GROUND ZERO, a sacred site to NY'ers!

BTW...when shopping on Canal Street don't buy any LOLEX watches!

Mike :jester:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Too bad the weather sucks today. It is going to be a wet wedding. But I am glad you are enjoying one of my favorite cities.

·
Registered
2 Posts
great restaurants too best time is around the holidays....finding someone else from the island on here is rare, im from port washington where are you from
Hey everyone, i'm new to site but i'm from long island as well. Live in West Babylon. Nice to see some FJ'ers on the island. Hopefully do some offroading with you guys.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Quote:
FJ&TJ_Dude previously said:

why, is he needed there because of the crime rate or something?

Just my experience twice taking subway from jersey to Newyork we were followed each time by a guy who was obviously looking to rob us or something. He just kept following us and asking inappropriate questions until we stopped and let him know with a tone that he needed to move on. It was just a warning lots of people bad economy % of a crime is higher with these to stats. I agree about the patriotic part

1 - 20 of 31 Posts