Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I might take the plunge and buy an NSSE FJ

Hi everybody! I'm new to this board. I am strongly considering buying one of the NNSE Army Green Fj's. I might even be doing this today. I've never bought a new car before and I'm pretty excited about it, and I've done my research. I just wanted to hear from current FJ owners though before I went and followed through on it. How do you like yours? Is there anything you wish you would have added on, or features you don't like? Do you have many problems with it? Do people actually complain about the back seat situation?

Also, for the NSSE, are the features available from the fabled TT edition? Can they be added on easily afterwards? Is the 115v outlet in the NSSE? I'm not sure if I would even go crazy changing and upgrading things, I would just like the peace of mind knowing that I could if I wanted to. Anyway, thanks everybody! Hopefully I'll be back posting about my new FJ soon.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Welcome aboard :)
I would be at the dealership already lol. If i were you...i would buy it as "naked" as you can. There are way too many aftermarket parts and accessories out there that are better them OEM in my opinion.
All NSSE`s are different, the only way to find out what is installed or not.. is to actually take a look at one. Missing things could be added later OEM or aftermarket. Or at the dealer if you think that having that particular part is necessary.
Good luck with the purchase!

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Welcome aboard :)
I would be at the dealership already lol. If i were you...i would buy it as "naked" as you can. There are way too many aftermarket parts and accessories out there that are better them OEM in my opinion.
All NSSE`s are different, the only way to find out what is installed or not.. is actually to take a look at one. Missing things could be added later OEM or aftermarket. Or at the dealer if you think that having that particular part is necessary.
Good luck with the purchase!
About any option can be added aftermarket with better quality AND cheaper than OEM.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
the only thing I would recommend is to get the tow hitch if it doesn't already have it. And make sure it is the OEM hitch and not the Reese hitch they try to pawn off as OEM by putting a Toyota end cap on it

·
Registered
900 Posts
are the features available from the fabled TT edition? Can they be added on easily afterwards? Is the 115v outlet in the NNSE? I'm not sure if I would even go crazy changing and upgrading things
First off - love the FJC! Great on the road and off road...only complaint is the wind noise from the roof rack (if no rack - does not seem to be as big a problem), plastic in the interior scratches easily and the front window cracks easier than other front windows (due to the angle).

Below shows the differences between Upgrade Package 3 (NSSE) and the SE Package (TT). Upgrade Package 3 includes all SE spec EXCEPT:
• No Trails Team Badging (can be bought)
• No CAD Wheels (tough to find - but can be found)
• No Roof Rack (easy install)
• No Bilstein Shocks (aftermarket are better)
• No Floating Ball Multi-Information Display (can be installed, will require time)
• No 115V/400 Watt Rear AC Power Outlet (been told it is on a different wire harness, and it would be better to install a more powerful aftermarket inverter)
• No Rock Rails (easy install)

As far as the back seat goes - some people complain about room for the kids, and the way the door opens - it takes a bit to get used to, but for most it is not an issue...

And yes - get the tow hitch! you can mod anything/everything else!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Oh yeah, the back seat. My GF is claustrophobic and will not ride back there. On the other hand, we did a four hour drive with someone who gets car-sick sitting in the back and she didn't have any problems as long as we made a couple stops along the way. I've had a couple "normal" people (no issues) ride back there and they haven't complained.

On the plus side there is a company that makes replacement windows for the back doors now that pop open or can be removed so that provides a little relief. Search for "freedom windows."

And welcome to the forum! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I would be! :) When I got mine I sent out an email to local dealers for prices. Closest dealer woke me up in the morning with a phone call and I was down there an hour later! Would have been 15 minutes but I had to shower :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Add to Husker's list. The TT includes:

Color matched front seat inserts
BFG All Terrain KO Tires
Exclusivity (very limited production)
Excellent resale value (factory TT)

Not sure what CAD wheels are. Mine are TRD

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I've only had my FJ for four months, if I had it to do over I'd do it again....as for the passenger back seat area there's not a lot of room but it doesn't concern me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everybody! You guys are great! I went to the dealership to try to purchase the FJ today. I spent several hours there near the end of the day and they didn't want to finance me through their normal lender for 100%. Even though I have outstanding credit based, it's based on credit cards and I have never purchased a new vehicle so they tried to feed me some crap about how the banks don't care how you pay your credit cards when you're buying a car. So they supposedly tried to call 2 other banks they use but they were closed at that point so I went home without it. I will find out in the morning what the story is, but I have a feeling they're going to try to play some games with me. I hate dealerships. Anyway, I'll post pics if I come home with it tomorrow. Thanks again for all of your input!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts