Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want new tires. I have a 2010 4X4 FJ with stock tires. I'm about to go on vacation in 3 days, driving from North Louisiana into Northern Arkansas and will end up somewhere in the Ozarks.

More background on me and my rig: I've added a Fab Fours Front Bumper with no winch which has sagged my front end 1/2 inch. I intend to get a winch later, but it will most likely not go in the bumper, it will sit in the back cargo area in a cradle and be connected to the front or rear 2" hitch when needed. I have also added a Gobi rack. I have a Warn rear bumper but have not installed it yet. Sometime this year, I will be pulling a modded M101A2 trailer but not very often. I intend to get some sort of suspension lift, most likely a 3" coil-over but there is no time left to do that before we head out. I drive my FJ 50 miles round trip to work everyday, so I'm shopping All Terrains.

I want to get the biggest AT tire I can fit right now without rubbing. The tires have to be from tirerack.com as I am within driving distance from their warehouse. I have exhausted the search engine but I'm still not sure what I can fit on my rig. The clock is ticking, I leave for vacation in three days. please help!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
17" rims. Really like the looks of Duratracs.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
17" rims. Really like the looks of Duratracs.
The Duratracs from all I've heard about them are also a good tire. A FJ friend of mine has them and likes them.
285's would work. It one of those questions were you will get a lot of recommendations. The choice will be yours.
The GYW Duratracs will be my next set of rubber. Is it possible to get the lift and that rear bumper on first before you get the new tires? Thinking rubbing on the new tires on the body mounts. 285's shouldn't be a problem tho.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not possible to get the lift in time but I want some decent tires in case we hit some snow up in those mountains.

If they do rub, will it just be when I make really tight turns?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help guys. I finally decided on GY SilentArmor 275/70/17s. No rubbing whatsoever even hit a few hills hard out here on the property today and couldn't make them rub to save my life. They do a nice job on filling out the wheel wells. I'll post some pics after I get back from vacation, or even post a few while we are there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts