Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed tellico and I'm a little pissed that I didn't just make the time.:flame: So, I moved some stuff around and am free the weekends of may 31-june 1, June 7-8, and june 21-22. Anyone want to plan a small day trip? Tellico, the gulches.....places I don't know about? Stringmachine, NCFJ? Anyother WNC/tenn people? PM me, lets get something together. I can't make the memorial weekend run :mecry:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
There is an event at Tellico the weekend of May 31st through June 1st. I spoke with a guy yesterday about the Gulches and he said it is a pretty cool place. I am allways up for going wheeling when time permits. The only thing on our schedul, dont know the dates yet is a weekend going to NY too pick up Heather's daughter for the weekend and that is late June early July.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Man, I sound like some dweeb the day before the prom---desperate! :rofl:
Hey, at leat I didn't say it :) I get in enough trouble. Did you finish your skids?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FInshed the transmission skid and made the crossmember for the transfer case skid, and almost have that skid done. Then the gas tank which shouldn't be too hard. Just hard to get more than a few hours in the garage.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
you guys aren't ready to do some wheelin are you?:rofl: i am ready, would like to have won that trailgear transfer case skid. but i am ready to go also.

So you say this Gulches is when? Tellico? still no skids..

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
FInshed the transmission skid and made the crossmember for the transfer case skid, and almost have that skid done. Then the gas tank which shouldn't be too hard. Just hard to get more than a few hours in the garage.
I know what you mean, I finally got the ATV 2" receiver and new bumper out of the way and delivered. Between that and the bearings on Heathers Rodeo and the clutch on the truck I was lucky to just get the skids on the FJ. I am working towards building the bumpers now. I have decided to buy a better tube bender than that POS I have now that flattens the bends a bit. Gotta love tools :)

We are going to Cades cove next Sat then on to Scottsboro Sat evening for Porchfest on Sun and Mon. The following weekend is Tellico. SO perhaps the Gulches on the 7th?

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
too bad you guys aren't up for the florida run, it is a blast, you get to wheel and see some ocean, hang out on the beach, drive on the beach, have the best shrimp you have ever had and see a lot of really cool stuff along the way.i am now torn between doing the florida run next week and if i do then i will only do that run and the august run in harlan. probably.. wdu think?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Personally I have no interest in driving in sand. Driving on the beach is a big no no for me, salt water and sand equal RUST. 10 years living in the Keys showed me what salt water environment does to steel, no thanks. I prefer the type of wheeling we have here in the mountains and places like Harlan, Skyline and Tellico are perfect. Looking forward to see what the Gulches is like.

Not to mention I drive to FL 5-6 times a year alreay :) Mike the money you spend on fuel and rooms on a Fl trip will come close to buying skids.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
COal Creek is closer to you Terry, I've been there on the ATV, nice spot. Near Knoxville.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
you mean we can come wheel and camp out in your backyard and steal you mods?:rofl: lets face it t, you have enough to share now:lol:

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Come on Terry, you men and your state secrets....I would tell you but would have to kill you....:lol:

I have our calender, the printer going and the laminator heating up...Where, Where, Where ? I only schedule on Sunday's while I am not insane with work :lol:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Stacey I knew you were a double naught spy (as in 007) :)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Well James? What do you think?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts