Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll tell ya what I forgot how much pep the truck has! Also, today was the first day I ever made it over the coronado bridge without downshifting :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
OMG................mike.......

actually......i sold my stock tires a few months ago and i wish i had an extra set of rims i would have kept them for the same purpose.

every mile (per gallon) counts!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I'm glad I left mine basically stock (well, I HAD to, to pass the German strict regulations), what with the cost of gas being more than double here...

Plus, I already get people telling me this truck is WAY too big for Germany, so if I had a lift and big tires, it would get targeted for SURE. I just read about a string of foreign folks here who woke up to swastikas keyed into their hoods. :( So I went out, and sure enough someone is trying to steal my CA plates (all bent up). What's next for my rig, I wonder? :(

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
hahah I need a bumper sticker to put under my spare that says i only carry this to make the other tires jealous.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
I'll tell ya what I forgot how much pep the truck has! Also, today was the first day I ever made it over the coronado bridge without downshifting :D
Dude you are at Coronado? Hubby used to go there for drills. I got to meet him there a few times. There was this really cool little pub, I am trying to remember the name..McPetes or McPete. It was close to that. The pub was on the San Diego side.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dude you are at Coronado? Hubby used to go there for drills. I got to meet him there a few times. There was this really cool little pub, I am trying to remember the name..McPetes or McPete. It was close to that. The pub was on the San Diego side.
McP's! AWESOME PUB. great drinks and great food. years and years ago my friend used to waitress there so we were in there ALL THE TIME.
thanks for the reminder of that place.....brought back lots of happy memories with drunk friends. good times. :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts