Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have tried the Ram mounts, but was never satisfied with how much they vibrated when off-road. The only solution was to make my own mount. I started off by removing the bezel around the stereo and drilling two holes on either side. There is just enough room in between the round buttons to add bolts that are reinforced with a few washers and some epoxy to stiffen it up. While I was back there I ran the power cord so the i-pad would not only hold a charge, but the screen saver would not activate while using the navigation and other apps.

Once the bolts were mounted, I found some quick release knobs for the ends. This is how it looks when the I-Pad is not being used.

Then, I bought an aluminum bar at Home Depot, chopped up an I-Pad Mini bracket that I found on E-Bay, and glued it to the bar. Here is the the bracket turned out.

And the finished product:

It clears the stereo by a few millimeters. No vibration at all. To control the stereo volume, I use the steering wheel controls and the music is controlled on the I-Pad itself. I can try to take a few better pics this weekend if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
I have the ram mount and have the same issue. Love your set up but changing a CD might be a problem, but then Im normally lessening to the CB when Im off road

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Nice mod Thanks

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,928 Posts
Tis interesting...why not just ditch the OEM receiver altogether? I guess since its already drilled you could go to the next level eventually...

like dis-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts