Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 724 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I saw a Titanium FJ this morning, southbound on Telegraph near the 24 East onramp. By the time I registered it was an FJ, it was past me, so I didn't wave.

Wow, the Titanium FJ's are even MORE stealthy than the Black Cherries!

So, if that was you this morning (around 8:30 am, with the roofrack), that was me. And a belated hello!

Sandi

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm seeing so many of them in Marin I can't keep up.... And A LOT of Black Diamonds.....:flame:

Oh well - have to get the rack mounted lights now.

How the hell is everyone?? Haven't been on for a while... too crazy busy...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Juliet said:
I'm seeing so many of them in Marin I can't keep up.... And A LOT of Black Diamonds.....:flame:

Oh well - have to get the rack mounted lights now.

How the hell is everyone?? Haven't been on for a while... too crazy busy...
I was wondering what happened to you:roller: Welcome Back

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Juliet! Welcome back!

I saw another Titanium last night on the way home from work. I had a chance to wave like the spaz I am, and was gratified to be acknowledged in return. :) In Berkeley, near Clark Kerr campus, at around 6:30 or so.

Sandi

·
Registered
928 Posts
Saw a titanium in Foster City with what looked like ARB bumper (front), Lift and what looked like a high lift on the rear spare. Couldn't tell, was having lunch at mimi's cafe and caught a brief look at the rig. Looked nice.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I seen a titanium FJ w/o a roofrack in Modesto, CA driven by an elder man..or thats what I think he is from the back. Intersection of Moffet and Hatch. Chassed you to get a better view on Whitemore Rd.

Took a picture with my Nextel Motorola i860 fone. Nasty quality. But why the heck I spy all the FJs when im in my Cressida? Luck :)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I actually saw *2* today on my commute in to work.

1) Diamond Black, with Roof rack and wheel cover, driven by another woman, on the 580 West between Park Ave. and Harrison exits in Oakland. She had on dealer ad plates from Ron Goode Toyota. We smiled.

2) Voodoo Blue, with roof rack and trailer hitch. Dealer ad plates from Berkeley Toyota. Driven by a guy, on MLK between Ashby and Dwight, heading towards Berkeley. We waved. :)

Yay! Very glad I have my FJCruiserforums.com decal on the rear window now.

Sandi

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
there's a crapload of em in alameda.....

there's a black diamond that parks near my work.....near beale street.....who dat?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've seen two recently, a black one, and a silver one that was identical to mine, I mean, LITERALLY identical to mine, but I wasn't in my car so I couldn't wave.....

What was strange was this big black Hummer H2 kept driving by it, numerous times, I think I counted 4 times, back and forth on the same street. What a loser.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
caliFJ said:
there's a crapload of em in alameda.....

there's a black diamond that parks near my work.....near beale street.....who dat?
That may be 6707 - he bought the Black Diamond at Ron Goode's that I test drove back in late March...

Sandi

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I took my kids to Marine World on Tuesday and while driving from San Jose to Vallejo my kids counted 14 FJ's. Most were Yellow and Blue with a few Black mixed in. No Silver or Black Cherry. We stopped in Dublin for dinner on the way back and there we 8 FJ's in the back lot at Dublin Toyota.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
bottomline is there are a lot more these days. saw a yellow one in oakland near coastguard island - dude nodded - right on.

6707, you work in the city? it was parked on beale street and ive seen it driving around downtown/financial.

in alameda,......3 blacks, 2 yellows, sh!tload a silvers and a couple a blues....oh wait, and a black cherry that lives at an apartment complex off of otis across from southshore.

if you sit out along the embarcadero in sf you wont have enough fingers to count how many drive by. same ones usually every day, but there's a buncha them out here.

funny thing is the ones i see are so dang clean!! no mods to speak of.....think it's time to rally folks to the training grounds again, frank raines or hollister. sierras probably too far for the newbies wheelers so the ohv's is the way to go. last time we had what, 10 or so FJs parading around? pretty soon they'll have to close down the park for a day with all us. right? you all wanna take these things in the dirt - DONT YOU???? yes,.....you do. repeat after me,....."i will not be another *****,....i will take my FJ in the dirt....." :kiss:

·
Registered
358 Posts
saw a voodoo one today while driving my sun fusion in santa clara. Did the honk and wave. My only mods so far are BFG 285's and weathertech floor/cargo mats. No rack or tow hitch (shipping now). Trying to schedule my OME apt but no response yet from Mudrak. :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
I still haven't seen any of you guys - and I deliberately went down 880 one day to San Jose to see if I could spot ya!!!.

So - there are two other black ones here in my town - Novato - a Silver one driven by a woman - one of the Novato Toyota Sales guy has a Silver one but I haven't seen anyone else - Particularly been on the lookout for SnoutDog in Petaluma.....

I just had BFG AT put on today - took advantage of the tire recall.... and they told me that Toyota has produced a kit to fix the roof rack noise.... WOO HOO.....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Juliet said:
I still haven't seen any of you guys - and I deliberately went down 880 one day to San Jose to see if I could spot ya!!!.

So - there are two other black ones here in my town - Novato - a Silver one driven by a woman - one of the Novato Toyota Sales guy has a Silver one but I haven't seen anyone else - Particularly been on the lookout for SnoutDog in Petaluma.....

I just had BFG AT put on today - took advantage of the tire recall.... and they told me that Toyota has produced a kit to fix the roof rack noise.... WOO HOO.....
ive gotten used to the noise - find it rather soothing now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Get rid of the noise and sell me your stock rack for your new Gobi!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
caliFJ said:
6707, you work in the city? it was parked on beale street and ive seen it driving around downtown/financial.
Weren't I. I don't drive into city.
Saw a VD at west oakland station early this week, but that's about it for me.

Check out Chron's review of FJ today? I got to write the head, but take no credit/blame for the text. Tried to add some missing details (AT vs MT, C-pillar view pain), and just ignored the "Son of H-" reference (why bother. writers hate to be told they are not being original), but at least he took it to Hollister and did with it what we're supposed to do. All in all he liked it.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/04/MTGH7JHCFQ30.DTL&hw=fj&sn=001&sc=1000

Off topic: REI has 20% off three Yakima roof boxes until Aug. 17. :deal:

Bought a map of Lost Coast while I was at the Berkeley store.

http://wildernesspress.com/book179.htm

My son and I are planning to camp there at the end of September and trying to scout out best spots to onite. Anybody got suggestions? Any and all appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Saw a Voodoo Blue turning on to Thornhill Drive in Oakland and then turned down to procede into the village. Lifted, huge aggressive mud tires and what appeared to be bead lock wheels. Had California Fireman plates on it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was in Vallejo today at about 345PM, and saw a black one EB I-80 at Redwood. I honked and he waved. Then saw a Black Cherry on Fairgrounds/ Marine World Parkway that was too engrossed to notice... 1 outta 2 ain't bad.

1 - 20 of 724 Posts