·
Registered
381 Posts
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I want to personally thank Discount Tire for not only sponsoring the Summit this year, but coming out to the Summit in full force. They gave away some fabulous free swag as well as donating some great items to the raffle.

I hope everyone on here understands that we wouldn't be able to have the Summit each and every year without sponsors like Discount Tire.

Everyone, please give them a :clap: for helping us out this year.

Seth - FJ Summit Team

·
Registered
61 Posts
I want to personally thank Discount Tire for not only sponsoring the Summit this year, but coming out to the Summit in full force. They gave away some fabulous free swag as well as donating some great items to the raffle.

I hope everyone on here understands that we wouldn't be able to have the Summit each and every year without sponsors like Discount Tire.

Everyone, please give them a :clap: for helping us out this year.

Seth - FJ Summit Team
All my vehicles get shoes from them...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
321 Posts
All my vehicles get shoes from them...:bigthumb:
Me too! I've always been treated well by the guys at Discount!:cheers: customer 4 life!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm waiting to use up those last few legal millimeters (as you noticed!) then I'll be in touch. Slicks are fine for SoCal, maybe not so much for Ouray! :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Bought my 285's from Lee in Arvada because of the interaction with the Discount guys this year!

Thanks again, guys and now that the wife wants he own FJ, I guess we will be back for more 285's soon!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
On Wednesday (the 20th), as JammerGirl and I were heading back to Ouray from a hike on Mineral Creek (we got a late start that day, and it was the only place we could find between the looming thunderheads....wasn't too busy yet), we saw the two Discount Tire Iceberg Toyota FJ Cruisers going the other direction.

I guess I can't absolutely prove that those are the FJs in these pics, but if you look back at your adventures on that day, you know that you were indeed on the Million Dollar Highway, going through the tunnel, then past the construction area just before the turn for Mineral Creek around 12:40 MDT.

After you passed by, I decided to turn around and go back the other direction to try to snap a shot of you guys.

We never did quite catch up. We got caught at the construction stop in the group immediately after you guys just went through.

I caught a couple long-range shots, but then by the time we got to the turn for Mineral Creek, we didn't see you. I figured you must have gone up Mineral Creek, or else it seems like I would have seen you going South-west, up that long stretch on the other side of the canyon.

So, here's what I got...

This one is looking through the tunnel when approaching it fro the Ouray side. I think it was the tail-gunner of the two. Whichever it was, you can see one of the Icebergs through the tunnel...

Here's the Iceberg cropped and zoomed...

Ten, once we got to the stopping place at the construction zone, I snapped this one of you guys as you continued on from there, just ahead of us...

Cropped and zoomed in, here you can see the two Icebergs just above the pickup and the chain link fence...

Then, the next day, when we were just about to head up to the Bullion King Mine, we saw you (at least one of the Discount Tire FJs) as you were going North on 550, approaching Red Mountain Pass.

I'm the guy that you recall seeing crouching at the side of the road with a camera pointed your way (we discussed it later...Saturday morning at the Imogene line-up I think).

Funny thing was ...at the exact moment that I clicked the trigger button on my camera, a [email protected]$$ pickup truck, going South, came right into view, and I completely missed the road-side shot...

Not to worry, after I realized what just happened, I quickly snapped another one as you were going around the curve...

In this shot, I first thought I was getting the two Icebergs, but now it looks like the one Iceberg was being followed by a Sandstorm (TTSE) with a snorkel and a couple red fuel cans on top...

Well, as you can see, I didn't have much luck getting a great action shot of you guys, but perhaps I'll have better luck in your drawing. Please pick whichever non-awesome pic of mine that you like best as my entry.

Thanks again, guys.

·
Registered
962 Posts

Just found this!!! Was taking a pic of my daughter and noticed your truck.

Thanks again, Discount Tire. Looking forward to seeing you guys there again next year.
(Great group of folks you sent up. And if I may... send up Lee from Arvada. I really enjoyed meeting him!!)

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I didn't get any glamour shots, just a few of y'all in town on Thursday, checking out the fender-mounted cams (which took some shots I'd really like to see, BTW).

Anyway, my entries are below. The last low-profile shot is sorta artistic... heh....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Missed what? Oh, the drawing? No biggie, I'm used to being late on missing things... lol

21 - 40 of 45 Posts