Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
those tires look great. i have been planning on getting them for my '08. However, I think a 1.5" - 2" lift in front would benifit the package. I didnt really want to get a lift but it looks like it would free up a little space.

Great addition to your ride !! Let us know how they perform in the snow.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Sunflower

In my opinion, the lift will be a net loss. You will gain literally nothing, and cost yourself money and increased CG. These tires simply do not rub. At all. Why lift?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
My dealer is running a "buy three, get one for a dollar" deal until the end of the month. Hmmm....

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Well the deal does include BFG's......just not the ones I wanted.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
n my opinion, the lift will be a net loss. You will gain literally nothing, and cost yourself money and increased CG. These tires simply do not rub. At all. Why lift?
I have the Rough Country 3" lift and love it. I like the look of the lift a lot, as the front is lifted 3" and the rear 2", so it is a level ride now. Just a much better look for the truck IMO. Plus the added ground clearance is much appreciated when rock crawling. Also if you go with a nicer lift (new front shocks and springs) the ride is much better than stock.

I'm thinking of going with these in 255/80R17 (same diameter as yours). How's the road noise? That's my main hesitance right now, as I do 90% pavement driving, including a decent amount at or above 65mph.

Also, where did you get them, and what was your total, out the door price.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
hydro556,
Are you still lovin' these tires? What tire pressures are you running on the street? How is the ride?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm thinking about these tires as well. However, I will be mounting them on the 17" steelies. I am currently running the BFG KO A/Ts 285 70 17s with no rubbing.

My questions are: If I get the same size (285 70 17) will they rub? And, are your rims 16"? If so, I will be posting mine up on 17s!!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts