Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of those cheapo leveling kits off eBay, some "Fabrique-en-Chinois" thingy, but the instructions are complete pigeon english (no offense intended to any Anglo-Pigeons). I thought I followed the instructions properly but it just doesn't look right.

Might it have something to do with the fact that I was backed into the garage?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I got one of those cheapo leveling kits off eBay, some "Fabrique-en-Chinois" thingy, but the instructions are complete pigeon english (no offense intended to any Anglo-Pigeons). I thought I followed the instructions properly but it just doesn't look right.

I have no idea how the way you were parked in the garage would have any effect on anything.

Tell us more about the kit you bought. Is it a spacer lift? What parts did you recieve? What have you done thus far? I'm sure if we were all standing around your FJ it would be a, "oh well there's your problem right there" type moment, but since we are not, the more details the better.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Can you take a picture of front coilover mount? I assume you got like 1 1/2" spacers for the rear... but what is up front? Front looks stock height. Did you put any spacers on the coilover? Or you put them on the top of the mount by accident :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

Throw 300 lbs. of something in the back and yer good to go.

Send some pics to get it sorted out.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
It looks like you put the kit on the wrong end of the vehicle.

Just take some close up pictures of your coilovers with a lot of light so we can see whats going on.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Is it even possible?
I agree.

I've never put a spacer lift on, but I understand the concept. I would think the metal ring with the bolt holes through it would really do nothing for the rear. Unless you placed them on top of the rubber boot thing on the rear spring. Maybe that is what he did? But I agree with whomever said it, the front still looks stock. If it's gone up any, it's so minimal you can't tell.

We need pics!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Is it even possible?
It was joke, i was being sarcastic. I figured most would know that as the coils are much different sizes so the spacers are also much different. :)

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
It was joke, i was being sarcastic. I figured most would know that as the coils are much different sizes so the spacers are also much different. :)
Just wanted to make sure you were joking :rofl:

I have a funny feeling that he installed front spacer on the top of the mount instead of between coilover and the mount... Or, it was just rear spacer lift, without the front one.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It's from ebay so who knows what you end up with.:cheers:

·
Registered
535 Posts
LOL that FjC is raked! The back end looks lifted, but the front is stock height.
Are you looking at the ground when you drive?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts